A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash 5 Library Problem

Unhappy

Hi,

I upgraded to flash 5 from flash 4 and the instalation went smooth. The only major problem is that I can not drag and drop items from the library to the stage. Does anyone else have this problem or is my Mac possessed?? Please Help!

System Info

OS 9.0.4
    G4 400

Thanks,

Dave

I don't have a mac but I could give you a few ideas. The first thing that pops in my mind is that you may be dragging your element to a locked layer. Select the layer on which you wish to drop it, make sure it is unlocked and go for it.

Actualy I figured it out. It seems to only do this library drag and drop problem, when I have 2 or more apps open plus flash, not including the finder. It must be a ram handling problem since I gave it plenty of memory out of the 256 mb that are in my G4. I also do not have virtual memory on either, I am not sure if that will help any. All in all I can still use flash but I can't have anything else open. Hopefully this will get fixed when I eventualy move to OS X.

Thanks,

Dave

Library ??????

I am having the same problem!
    After installing Flash 5 and launched it, I would drag some library items to the stage but each time I drag them, Flash crashes!

I have a HP 333Mhz, 4GB and Matrox MGA G-100 AGP card and some other stuff but I really do not know what is happening!
    I am busy with it for 2 days now and still no result!

Can you help me GUYS!!

Regards,
    Dingeling/The Netherlands

Tryout

I did some tryouts and figured out a headbreaking thing!

I deleted some library items and then dragged some items to the stage and YES, no more problems, Flash keeps running!

Does anybody know how big a libray can be, because my movie is a bit heavy so the library is huge ??

Thanks,
    Dingeling/The Netherlands