I posted this same message in the Flash 5 area, but am repeating it here because I know alot of flash game developers use high frame rates (like 120...) This is a big no-no and is the possible source of causing Netscape to crash or slowdown with the Flash5 player. Keep reading:

I have been experiencing "freeze up" problems with Netscape. I thought the problem was with multiple flash movies on one page... but macromedia tech support concludes the following (and this affects ALOT of you folks out there!)

"...The movie was probably built with a high frame rate, which did not pose a problem for the Flash 4 player because it would simply not play movies at ludicrous speeds (like 150 fps). The Flash 5 player is able to handle animation at these speeds but playing these movies will suck up system resources, causing the Netscape to "crash".

This problem only affects Netscape. Use IE to view pages with this type of content. These Flash movies need to be rebuilt at a reasonable frame rate."

There you go. Particularly someone here named "Dreamloop" uses a very high framerate in his "ripples" message footer. And guess what? It freezes up my browser.
-RB