A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] FLASH 6 Player - SLOWER ANIMATION (part 2)

Why all the secrecy BrianScott? Why don't you just post them? As far as I can tell you're the "immature cretin" (no offense). I haven't seen one post where you've avoided name calling. Your first post was burning with heat.

Why don't you just accept the fact that not everyone agrees with you and stop taking offense at every off-hand remark? Otherwise maybe you need a psychologist to help you find the inner source of your anger.

Haha, sorry guys, but it takes more than your inane and senseless posts to get to me.

And, is there something really wrong with working your arse off and taking an extended vacation? Ahhhhh, or is jealousy the key here.

from egilmore...
    And just one more thing, if you're such the profesional you claim, how do you have the time to read through 4 pages of posts plus the other threads you're talking about
    See, I ANSWER questions which people ask of me, I know this is a novel concept to most on here, but it's called basic communication. I guess you fat-arses sitting behind your computers all day long have no idea of what this is! haha!

Learn to read, it will do you some good one day! I promise.

Well well well, it appears there is another dumass in the crowd. Mr. Clifton Griffin can not read either!!

No shock to me, just another fool added to the list.

Mr. Griffin, if you are so mature, you can read, I will assume, and if you can read, you wlil see that my first post had absolutely NOTHING heated about it, do I need to quote it?? OK, I will just out of principle. But before I do Mr. Griffin, I posted numerous times in my messages that I am not going to post personal info on a board full of immature, non-thinking people, I ASKED for people to email me directly. And you know what? Only ONE person did just that. out of all of you fools, only 1 person can read and really can stand behind anything he posts and be man enough to email me. So HE will be the one that I talk to, because nobody else had the balls to do so.

Hey all, just a bit a info for ya...

OK, there are a few things to keep in mind here...

1. Processor speed does not have 100% effect upon the speed, as we educated computer people know, PIPESTREAMS are what matter. you can have a 10gHz system, and if it has a longer pipestream, the info ALL comes out at the same rate.

PC Pentium (any gigahertz speed) uses a 21 pipestream
    Mac G4 (any gigahertz speed) uses a 7 pipestream

my Dual 800 Quicksilver Macintosh is stable all the way around with this file, except in IE, just TAD slower, not 6 fps though.

But IE is ALWAYS a bit slower with everything, not only flash. It's a more bulky browser requiring more system resources than other apps, thus slowing it down a bit. PLUS when has Microsoft done ANYTHING by industry standards? NEVER!! MS caused all the problems with compatibility on the web with their own version of JAVA, and they continue to mess it all up. This could be an issue, how about contacting Microsoft instead of Macromedia, afterall, Macromedia develops THEIR software arond industry standards, Microsoft never has.

But nevertheless, the problem here seems to be on PCs, not Macs, which leads me to believe that it is a PC pipestream problem, because honestly, I dont really see any noticable difference.

Just thought I would throw my 2 sense in.
    Mr Griffin, there was nothing heated in here, the stuff about MS, yes, they did try to make their own standards, outside that of industry standards. And the rest was MY experience with Flash so far. Do you have a problem with that?

I flamed nobody, did not rip on anyone. Think for a second guy, I know you can do it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BrianScott

See, I ANSWER questions which people ask of me, I know this is a novel concept to most on here, but it's called basic communication.
    I'm afraid you just embarrassed yourself terribly. Maybe you should take your own advice. ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS. Like for starters, where are all of these wonderful websites you boast of designing?

It's official, you're the "immature cretin". See a psychologist. It will do you good.

to see brians work -> http://www.gformdesign.com
    as posted before.
    In my oppinion some semi-professional stuff. Not bad, but even not realy good.

robert.

That's not even half of my work guy. That's only the advertising work my friend. Because it is called target marketing, I change the site often to cater to different markets. And it works. I get enough work to keep me doing whatever i want to do, when I want to do it.

I mean, you should hack Robert, at last this is not even half of my stuff, what you have your GUESTBOOK up there on your site? Come on, how trite is that?!

You have a played concept, some decent 3-D cubes and some bad music samples up there.

I'll leave it at that!
    [Edited by BrianScott on 03-14-2002 at 08:29 PM]

Originally posted by BrianScott
    That's not even half of my work guy. That's only the advertising work my friend. Because it is called target marketing, I change the site often to cater to different markets. And it works. I get enough work to keep me doing whatever i want to do, when I want to do it.

Try asking before you assume, another novel concept for you to learn, jackass.
    Yepp... "that are only the bad examples, the good one's are hidden".
    Like everybody does his showcase like that.
    And i don't think your realy understand what the term "target marketing" realy means. But like i sad, brian. MY dick is much longer than yours.

hey man... this is better than tv. I should do this quite more often.
    Thanks Brian for all the good laugth. Better than hollyday.

robert.

I've tried to refrain but..... BrianScott no one has ever said anything personaly insulting to you I.E. quoting on your level of Intelligence or if you can read ect. So I say this. I would love to meet you on the street. No that's not an empty statement and since you can't debate something without personaly insulting someone then mabey someone needs to help your face implode. If you want to talk about Intelligence how's this. I have a masters in engineering and a bachelors degree in computer science, I've complete 2 years of prelaw and I am a registered EMT. I recieved my degrees at Cincinati University in Ohio and got an overall 3.8 in engineering and a 3.5 in computer science. Oh, and my engineering discipline is industrial.
    Any questions?

Brian just so you know I'm serious..... Here comes an email.

Now let me hear you talk some ****

Ok explain this then :
    On the http://www.gformdesign.com site it says

Your IP has been logged from Flashkit.com and has been banned from this server for being a jackass. man your a idiot

Dude so its your own site , then where is all your work for company's. and are you freelancer ore do you work for your own company . I dont think you work for a company becease if thats so you just fired your own ass for a stunt like this.

Your IP has been logged from Flashkit.com and has been banned from this server for being a jackass.

Man who is the Jackass* now

BullFrawg
    Originally posted by Robert
    to see brians work -> http://www.gformdesign.com
    as posted before.
    In my oppinion some semi-professional stuff. Not bad, but even not realy good.

robert.
    Robert,

I've followed this thread out of a morbid sense of curiosity and even gotten a chuckle or two out of the flames.

After all the build-up I was really curious to see this guy's work. I was expecting something awesome.

His work seems OK. I quickly spotted a grammer error and several broken links. I would not expect these sort of errors on the site of a developer commanding $30k per site. But then again, his behavior on this board is also not what I would expect from that level of developer!

Originally posted by rednek flash extreme
    Ok explain this then :
    On the http://www.gformdesign.com site it says

Your IP has been logged from Flashkit.com and has been banned from this server for being a jackass. man your a idiot

Dude so its your own site , then where is all your work for company's. and are you freelancer ore do you work for your own company . I dont think you work for a company becease if thats so you just fired your own ass for a stunt like this.

Your IP has been logged from Flashkit.com and has been banned from this server for being a jackass.

Man who is the Jackass* now
    hm... for sure?

LOL!

robert.

As i sad. MY... oh no... better than tv.

Umm, why are you arguing with this bryanscott guy? He can't show you his "work" because he doesn't have any (or at least any worth showing). If I'm wrong BrianScott (who's initials is BS which also stands for Bull ****) then post your work or tell us WHY you won't post anything. What are you working for some secret corporation or something that doesn't let you post anything you've done?

When he replies, he'll probably insult me or ignore this post and not address any thing I've said. I don't want your comments on my work. I ain't arrogant like you (I'm confident - there's a difference) and I don't go around insulting professionals and ammatures (great networking skills - "Hi, I'm Brian Scott" *whack*).

If you wanna just come on this board and insult people then maybe you should go elsewhere. If I was a mod I'd have sent you a warning or something. I've already spent too much time on you. Perhaps this time would've been better spent helping someone out in another thread but no, I can't resist pointing out how retarded, ignorant and talentless (anyone with talent would have more respect) you are.

Enjoy your time on this board. It'll be a lonely experience.

I've followed this thread out of a morbid sense of curiosity and even gotten a chuckle or two out of the flames.

After all the build-up I was really curious to see this guy's work. I was expecting something awesome.

His work seems OK. I quickly spotted a grammer error and several broken links. I would not expect these sort of errors on the site of a developer commanding $30k per site. But then again, his behavior on this board is also not what I would expect from that level of developer!
    i was curious too, so i was very happy that he got this flash-signature inside.
    The site he made is ok... For the first look, but it seem like a freelancer to me. i mean that's ok, but flaming around like hell and ... hey 30.000 ... what a joke. Not with that type of work.

now... someone should realy close and/or delete this thing... it only consumes time for nonsense...

robert.

hm... for sure?

LOL!

robert.

Sorry robert but what do you mean by this ?

BullFrawg

now... someone should realy close and/or delete this thing... it only consumes time for nonsense...

robert.
    I agree!

Moderators! Where are you. Save me from wasting any more time on this silly thread by deleting it!

(but if they don't, I'll just check it a couple more times...maybe three)

Originally posted by rednek flash extreme

hm... for sure?

LOL!

robert.

Sorry robert but what do you mean by this ?
    lol... didn't got it right. He flushed his site. What an idiot. Maybe his next "costumer" will get REALY pissed by that message.

And as a small tipp brian... you need a server-side language (not HTML) to track the ip.

my favorite part about this is... 'guy' has removed his homepage from his profile on flashkit since this thread started. it's funny because with a little bit of marketing (not even 'targeted' for dino-scape) 30k isn't much for a real site. what percentage of this magical 30k nummer do we take home? [no answer, please]
    hmmmm..if anyone wants to have some real fun, go back to whatever that site is and get some clients [site has been replaced with single fake-o output] . google some of those companies marketing divisions. vp of marketing is a good person to start with. forward this thread there. if you don't get a response, go ahead and call those companies and find out which agencies they use. A couple are really easy to find- gm for instance. then, forward this post to those agencies business development emails. they'll probably at least get a good laugh, maybe even reconsider who does their freelance in the future.

BullFrawg
    Originally posted by Peter G
    my favorite part about this is... 'guy' has removed his homepage from his profile on flashkit since this thread started. it's funny because with a little bit of marketing (not even 'targeted' for dino-scape) 30k isn't much for a real site. what percentage of this magical 30k nummer do we take home? [no answer, please]
    hmmmm..if anyone wants to have some real fun, go back to whatever that site is and get some clients [site has been replaced with single fake-o output] . google some of those companies marketing divisions. vp of marketing is a good person to start with. forward this thread there. if you don't get a response, go ahead and call those companies and find out which agencies they use. A couple are really easy to find- gm for instance. then, forward this post to those agencies business development emails. they'll probably at least get a good laugh, maybe even reconsider who does their freelance in the future.
    For me the funniest point in this entire thread is when this guy actually took his site down to thwart our efforts to look at it!!!

hey i think this is better than irc or icq... only a little bit slower...
    but funny... realy funny...

robert.

so... anyone wanna flame me, till brian is back?

Thumbs down

This is some funny stuff... is this a new record for the longest thread? What happen with the topic about the frame speed of the new flash player plugin?