A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] FLASH 6 Player - SLOWER ANIMATION (part 2)

Hey Brian Scott, as someone ealier asked, post some of the urls you've worked on with a description of what part you worked on. Or is it that you simply prefer replying to people who you consider to be "immature cretins" or similar.

Thumbs up forget it

i have been considering web design as a career when i get older...or at least learning about it now so i'll have a head start on whatever the "web" turns into by that time. from what i have read on these boards i may not want to be in the same "profession" as some of these people (guess who).

also, i was so excited when i read about flash mx and was promised a copy from my parents even though the cost will hurt. now i think i may just pass on it. reading all of this has sucked the wind from my sails. maybe i'll be a proctologist instead like the brian guy seems to be...

btw, the slowness and the lack of response from mm people on here is disheartening too. i saw replies from them in other strings but none here. what's with that?

I've read this thread with interest. Two things strike me. BrianScott knows how to wind people up and people don't know any better than to get wound up by BrianScott

for the record regarding mozilla browsers read this and weep, I don't know how true it is but it will come as a shock to the "nobody uses it" brigade.

oh yeah , and my dad's bigger than your dad so ner ner ne nere ne.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by swampy
    I've read this thread with interest. Two things strike me. BrianScott knows how to wind people up and people don't know any better than to get wound up by BrianScott

for the record regarding mozilla browsers read this and weep, I don't know how true it is but it will come as a shock to the "nobody uses it" brigade.

oh yeah , and my dad's bigger than your dad so ner ner ne nere ne.
    it's nee ner nee ner nee nerrr, geeze, get it right!

what is this mozilla you alle are talking about? and yes i'm kidding.

azzyt...

as for others reading this... when I emailed you, I stated that I would not post my business info here, if anyone wants to see my stuff, they can email me personally and I will gladly show them some work. This should not be an issue for mature people, right?

anyhow, in dignified response to your last post azzyt, I must straighten something out that you are still missing.

OK, I'm confused. I never accused you of saying annything about Netscape being dead. All I mentioned is that you sure care a lot about a browser that has 6% (I'm being generous) of the market.

I gave statistics to back that up, so it wouldn't be just a flame.

Now, there is a place for that. That's 6 out of every 100 users, and I beleive they should be catered to, and I never said otherwsie.
    I never said that YOU did accuse me of anything m8. Who did? Go back and look at the names right after my post about IE always being a bit slower. THAT is what I am talking about. And MY webstats show something different. When I do a clients site, we get HUGE hit numbers, one of my clients gets over 500,000 unique hits a month on the home page. My stats for that are 27% NS, 39% IE and 26% AOL and the rest is just useless basically. So this is what I meant by target-marketing. It works for me and my clients, that's all that matters, right?! I am not going to let people I do not even know on a message board tll me how to do things! haha! no way!

Also, what I mean about reading for content is that those people started in with the flames about me saying IE has always been slower in MY EXPERIENCE. So, you are responding based upon what THEY said, and jumping in on their attempted flames.

No, you didn't. You just act like it by insulting everyone you speak with. Good going there, Brian! Keep up the good work.
    Honestly, if you took it to be a snotty or stuck-up comment, then I can't do anything about that. All I can say is for people to try to heal those complexes that they have. See people, we are on the net, we can not hear each other, or see each other, and 98% of commuication is visual and aural. (Some people will learn this throughout life, a lot will not.)

How about ASKING before assuming something of somebody??!! This is the most fair way of communicating.

As for the browser comment, there are things you can not do in any browser other than Internet Explorer. Although they are rarely useful, because they are not compliant. So don't use them, who's forcing you? This topic was just about the Flash player being slower on certain configurations, and it is. How did this become an issue of your skills as a web developer?

I realize this, and that was my point from the beginning, until a few people took offense and blew it out of proportion. This became an issue of my development when people tried to flame me for something that was way off subject! That was what I was saying from the beginning!

(This is where reading for content is important again)

I've read a bit too much of your content, and frankly it's making me nauseas. You read the comment, stick to the subject, and maybe think before you insult somebody.
    Do you mean "nautious"?
    And, ummmm, if you can go back and read a bit closer, you will see that I WAS on subject, another person pulled out the gloves. Try reading it again, PLEASE!!!

Mature people don't attack. We discuss in an adult manner.

Oh, and Netscape 6 does rock. Too bad nobody uses it. And IE6 does support standards, it just throws in proprietary stuff also. Opera supports standards also. And you do know that the W3C creates the standards, not Netscape -- Ri-i-ight?

It's been excellent discussing this issue with you Brian, and I wish you continued good luck in yourbusiness.

I agree completely, NS 6 ROCKS!! And yes, IE has it's good points too, BUT, there are a LOT of little issues with IE. My poiint being, that IN MY EXPERIENCE like I said so many times, it has not been all that great. There was no need for people to FLAME when I talk about MY EXPERIENCE. As I am too respectful to flame someone for THEIR experience.

And in regards to the W3C standards, it's called the W3C Consortium. And if we can all remember, when the net was first invente4d, it was used SOLELY by the US government to tansfer military secrets. MOZILLA was a completely different structure than browsers are today. Mozilla existed before the W3C did.

Excellent article for reading:

http://www.evolt.org/article/Mozilla...story/25/1594/

Thanks, it's been fun for me too, I enjoyed the laughs at people's half-worked attempts to flame me, Thanks guys, it made the day before my vacation a good time! And I thought I was going to be packing my suitcases all day!! haha!

Oh, and superbfh, you are just like some of the weak people in my design classes who always made excuses why they COULD NOT do things as opposed finding ways to JUST DO things right. I guess this is a weeding out process of all the people who really lack the social skills and talents to do graphic design. Glad I could be of some help to you.

If you are really gonna let a message board get the best of you super, then you are truly a spineless and pathetic person. They are just words man, and not even words at that, they are just type-written images on a screen! Get a grip, if not for us, for yourself man!

and I think I know what the "bfh" stands for in your name! haha see if you have the wit to figure it out!

I am DONE in this post, Azzyt, it's been a good time, talk to ya later on another post, maybe you and I will be able to give some good advice to each other some time!

By the bye, one of my design professors (and a good friend) wives was on the development team for NS at U of I, so, I am a bit biased anyhow! haha!

Ciao all!
    I'm off to Cali, Vegas and then Italy tomorrow!
    hasta!

[Edited by BrianScott on 03-14-2002 at 03:54 PM]

Originally posted by gSOLO_01

it's nee ner nee ner nee nerrr, geeze, get it right!

what is this mozilla you alle are talking about? and yes i'm kidding.
    mozilla is a type of dinosaur that is really slow, and chews over it's food carefully. If you feed it the wrong sort of food it goes a bit loopy with unexpected results.

I think he meant nauseous.

hehe, I was screwing around, an inside joke between a friend and I, he's on the boards too. Has something to do witha music group called Natious.

anybla, later

Unbelievable, this thread started out with a question regarding fps in the new flash 6 player and has become this??? For all of the profesionals and inspiring profesionals on this board who are arguing like you are a litle kid.. you are doing nothing for the industry. People in this world want to know that their web sites are being created by educated and competant people, not a three year old child!! I have just one thing to say. (if the moderators don't delete it)

"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

And for you brian scott, if you are the profesional you say you are, YOU'RE A DISGRACE not only to the web design industry, but to mankind ingeneral. We need less people like you in this world, I wold trade a million (genius) profesional like you for one person who didn't think he was beter then every one in the world. As for your skillz..... seek some therapy.

I am now retarded!!!!!

weren't you just arguing with the admins of this site in another thread earlier?

so, are you the pot, or the kettle?

egilmore

We are all well beyond this argument in this thread, and YES, you were just today arguing with a moderator. So like gerbick says, you are the pot and the kettle!

"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."
    haaha egilmore, can't you come up with a new one? you already used this one, but the first time you mis-spelled it. hahaha!

Oh, and who are you to make fun of retarded people anyhow egilmore. You come off with this attitude like you are so moral, but yet you throw the word "retard" around like there is no tomorrow and like it is not offensive to those who are retarded. How evil can you be! You will rot in hell for that you hypocritical fool!

egilmore, you are a day late and a brain short here. Go on to your other arguments in the other posts, or do you have nothing better to do.

And while I am on the subject, learn to read. You OBVIOUSLY did not catch where someone started to flame on me because I like NS instead of IE.

Growing up means taking on grown-up responsibilities egilmore, and I do not know of any adult who does not know how to read. Maybe you and all your neighbors in the trailer park do not know how, but we all do! This makes 2 tasks for you to accomplish, stop soiling your shorts and learn to read.

Move on boy, this flame session has long been over!

see ya!

Oh, please have some self-respect and email me privately with your further issues, maybe we can argue on ICQ or something, keep it off the boards, we need to keep this place clean and the fools like yourself away.
    [Edited by BrianScott on 03-14-2002 at 05:46 PM]

funny post.
    How kick's whom? Very funny.

MS or NS,
    Windows or Linux,
    PC or Mac,
    "Bayern München" or "Hamburger Sportverein(HSV)" (German Soccerclubs... )

Maybe we should say: My dick is MUCH longer than yours...
    Or we should not argue against eachother, better find a solution to the problem...
    And all i can say at this state: The new player is called 6 beta, and i guess it's called beta, because it's just to let people like us test some issues, hm?
    So keep an eye on that problem, fill out the given form from MM and that's it. In the next day's MX is in the shops, and maybe there will be the new Plugin for general download. Maybe the problem is gone by that time.

robert.

(and to make it totally clear... MY dick is the longest. If you like, i send you a picture by email... just ask for it.)

a small addition: who is interested in Brian's work should just look into the partial source of his signature (IE special feature).
    Or just visit: http://www.gformdesign.com
    [Edited by Robert on 03-14-2002 at 07:05 PM]

Thank you BrianScott for making my point oh so clear.

And just one more thing, if you're such the profesional you claim, how do you have the time to read through 4 pages of posts plus the other threads you're talking about, oh and ICQ. It befudles me that even though I made no personal demening remarks, you couldn't come up with anything better than calling me trailer trash. I applaud you.

To those that I offend with the use of the word retarded I apologize, but do keep this in mind. The type of people that you think I refer to are usally called mentally handicap. And this is one of the definitions of retarded:
    1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment.

Last thing. Yes I have been arguing, hence, I'm retarded.

Groan!
    do everyone a favour and delete this thread!

YES egilmore, where is your head... When you go to the toilet next time, bend over and take a good look, you'll find it buried up in there...

It befudles me that even though I made no personal demening remarks, you couldn't come up with anything better than calling me trailer trash. I applaud you.
    Ahhhhhh, WTF was this then....

And for you brian scott, if you are the profesional you say you are, YOU'RE A DISGRACE not only to the web design industry, but to mankind ingeneral. We need less people like you in this world, I wold trade a million (genius) profesional like you for one person who didn't think he was beter then every one in the world. As for your skillz..... seek some therapy.
    Haha, this shows how ignorant you really are egilmore. That whole paragraph which you typed to me was demeaning. Man, the educational system must really be going to crap these days. You can not even remember or read what you, yourself, typed a few posts ago! WOW, your sheer ignorance is astonishing!

If your sheer ignorance does not prove it, your blatant spelling errors all over these boards prove it. An occasioinal typo is OK, but man, you have so many that it can only be the result of stupidity! HAHAHA!

A note to the self-proclaimed "retard", learn how to spell.

Oh, and I have the time to spend egilmore, because I am done working from now until the end of the summer. I made enough money this year already, I'm taking a trip to Cali to sign up for some more work to do at the end of the summer, then I am off to Vegas and then Italy.

Oh, and in case you wondered, it does not take me long at all to respond to your simple-minded posts. I realize that for a knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing troglodite such as yourself, it may take an hour to type a sencence or two.

So what now? What are you going to try to throw at me this time?!

Grow up egilmore, and as I stated before, ICQ me to discuss your life-issues, don't subject this message board to your ignorance, stupidity and cretinous behavior.

Whre did you come from anyhow?! Go away! Shoo fly!
    [Edited by BrianScott on 03-14-2002 at 07:25 PM]

yes stop it now children my brian is hurting from all this nonsense, My great big client expects me to catch the bus to timperley and then stockport tomorrow, then dinner in skegness with my international model girlfriend.
    like all international playboys/flash programmers, I am too busy to bother with this nonsense any longer so one of my many personal assistants is taking care of this 'fps in flash' issue...
    by the way brian ... you're sacked.

[Edited by angstrom on 03-14-2002 at 08:34 PM]

Hi Guys
    It was said earlier that that Flash5 played faster in standalone than it did in a browser , l agree with this and the reason is that the browser player is based on swflash.ocx file with has more active x overhead than the flash.exe standalone player which dont have these overheads , l came across this awhile back when l found that Jugglor exes ran quicker than Swf Studio exes , and Northcode explained why and it was because of which player is used .
    So back to the original statement flash5 has always ran slower in Internet Explorer than in a Standalone player,this is really apparrent when you have a movie with that makes the player really work .

Regards Rod

as i sad. MY dick is the longest.

angstrom, maybe my secretary call's your secretary to let you know where to meet to dinner next time. Maybe Cali or Italy... hm... no wait, that isn't good, maybe i call our dear friend Bill Gates (how has invented some parts of some os/browsers) and meet in Hawaii, like last time.

robert

I dont know who you are angstrom, but that is hilarious.
    I think 'pinky and the brian' should upgrade to 'trying to take over the board'
    Narf said.

I'm entertained and confused...

Did we ever decide if the performance issue was with the browser or the actual ActiveX control? I can't even get it to run in our software.

Our software uses the flash ActiveX control and I'm having trouble even getting it to load up (beta 6). My existing flash5 MCs work, but I think I have other issues I have to deal with also.

How important is the frame rate to us? We process real time data in a system test and simulation environment with rates in the range of 300 sps. (vehicle surface, excitation and flutter)

And if we're measuring the length of our "man-sticks" here I just want to add that $30,000 wouldn't even cover one seat of our Real Time software and some of our test centers have over a dozen seats each.

I'm not knocking the price or quality of work performed in what anyone does. Realize that while some people excel in Flash and only think of it as a hobby there are others that rely on it for our careers.