A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: IExplorer Question Regarding Html

Well I have an issue. I'm looking for a setting in iexplorer that is causing flicking in my drop down menus. The reason why I know it's not my sripting or anything I'm doing wrong because I've checked it on ten other computers and it only happens on mine. I've uploaded a mht file for to view what I'm talking about at www.trykorrollingmedia.com/pocketpc.mhtThe flicker only happens when I rollover the links in the drop downs.

Other than most of the links don't work because they are sent to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Trykor Rolling Media\gallery6.html which is on your PC, not mine!
    You have Windows XP, and you are logged in as admin

It seams to be that there is a large gap between the seperate buttons on the sub menu. Try removing any gap in between them. That should do it.

Actually I'm using windows 2000 and I know the links are not correct because I just saved an individual html file as a web archuve file using ie6. Second I have no gaps in between the hotspots because I've set them to slighty overlap so I can do the whole drop down dhtml layers. Also the fact that it only happens on my computer and not ten other computers in my office tells me its just a setting in the browser. It's the browser setting that I'm looking for so I can put a script or cookie inside my website to automatically change that setting on the clients side when they enter my site. Does that make sense?

You can't edit settings from a web page, so I would reset your web settings (Tools>Reset Web Settings...) and then play around with it untill you get it right.

Sorry I can't be of much help.