A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

ok, so how do i do that outside of my localhost?

Camera screws with tree

I was playing around and it looks like the Camera needs to be setup before other components or else you get some screwy results.

Specifically, I made a tree and then I made a scrollpane which loaded a camera. (fyi: The camera video masked beautifully when scrolled beneath the edge of the pane) This cause the tree nodes to become unresponsive and displayed incorrectly.

I am unsure at this point if it is the scrollpane or the camera that is screwing the tree nodes. But if I create the pane and load the camera before I create the tree I don't have any problems.

My bet is that the camera is causing havoc. so grab your cameras before setting up components.

Anyone?

So anyone figure out how to connect 2 different people through the net using this feature yet?

Shane

from what I've read coldfusion MX is whats needed for this, but I'm sure (like 4 everything else) there's a workaround.

I f you search a bout this forum for the undocumented features list that the MX familly will us you will find these amongst them ....

NetStream.prototype.close
    NetStream.prototype.attachAudio
    NetStream.prototype.attachVideo
    NetStream.prototype.send
    NetStream.prototype.publish
    NetStream.prototype.play
    NetStream.prototype.receiveAudio NetStream.prototype.receiveVideo NetStream.prototype.pause NetStream.prototype.seek

Video.prototype.attachVideo
    Video.prototype.clear

so now you can sit and mess with it like I'm doing!

I would also recomend the 'dig out your microphone' thread

Test Please!

I have managed to get a live stream. I have this on a Web Server and I can view it but this maybe different if you are viewing from a different computer from where the capture is taking place. This is only on a dial-up ISP so this will only be online for awhile but I will have it on as much as possible for testing or you can email me to let me know.

New URL http://www.glinted.com/live_video.html

_greg

greg@glinted.com
    [Edited by greg777 on 03-17-2002 at 02:12 AM]

works awsome

awsome awsome awsome

Re: Test Please!

Oh please share your wisdom! how'd u do it

Shane

Originally posted by greg777
    I have managed to get a live stream. I have this on a Web Server and I can view it but this maybe different if you are viewing from a different computer from where the capture is taking place. This is only on a dial-up ISP so this will only be online for awhile but I will have it on as much as possible for testing or you can email me to let me know.

New URL http://203.97.107.188/glinted/live_video.html

_greg

greg@glinted.com
    [Edited by greg777 on 03-16-2002 at 10:09 PM]

Re: Re: Test Please!

Originally posted by smenshik
    Oh please share your wisdom! how'd u do it

Shane
    Are you sure? can you send me a screenshot please. I have had another person who can't see anything?

_greg

There is another thread here where someone posted their webcam, it's not live but it updates every 10 seconds or so by grabbing a jpg which the camera spits out every 10 seconds. It's my understanding that we should not need Coldfusion or another server app to accomplish this.

Are you sure? can you send me a screenshot please. I have had another person who can't see anything?

_greg
    Greg, I can't see it. I get black swf with a little "Live Video Test" at the bottom.

Though I'm also going to assume you haven't had it on all the time and your quite asleep right now.

I thought what he posted used the viewer's webcam since it asked my permission to access it, but since I don't have one hooked up, I get a black screen.

Originally posted by x9jd
    Greg, I can't see it. I get black swf with a little "Live Video Test" at the bottom.

Though I'm also going to assume you haven't had it on all the time and your quite asleep right now. [/B]

The only other things I can think of is:
    1/ that you don't have flash 6 player
    2./ you need to right-click the flash movie and select "settings" > turn on Allow
    3./ The other two people who said they can view it are having me on

good luck - otherwise I will let you know if any develpments happen.

cheers _greg

yeah, it works great.. full streaming video on mine.. i tried that link and it popped up on my webcam

this is just a test on YOUR webcam i guess

Originally posted by deadlift10000
    yeah, it works great.. full streaming video on mine.. i tried that link and it popped up on my webcam

this is just a test on YOUR webcam i guess
    Thats good news!

I have gone offline but I will be online again in 4 & half hours from now. I have had several people now confirm that they have seen a live broadcast so it's looking positive. You will be able to try to view the cam when I'm back online. I will use the original URL I gave earlier to view this which will direct you to the correct page.

http://www.glinted.com/live_video.html

It's looking exiting and I just wish more of you could view it. You may want to try downloading video codecs from Indeo etc which might help or get hold of a video cam program.

_greg

(I'm ONLINE again for awhile if anyone wants to check it out)

[Edited by greg777 on 03-17-2002 at 09:54 AM]

Back Online

I'm back online for awhile if you want to view Cam...
    http://www.glinted.com/live_video.html

_greg

hmm, I have the latest flash player and I have set it to allow and I still only get a black square.

Wait, I'm confused (unfortunately not such an unusual state for me <g>). This is a live video feed you've got up using MX?
    That would be so cool! But all I get is the little black box
    I d/l the MX trial yesterday, is there something else I need to d/l to see the feed?

barrie

Originally posted by beeready
    Wait, I'm confused (unfortunately not such an unusual state for me <g>). This is a live video feed you've got up using MX?
    That would be so cool! But all I get is the little black box
    I d/l the MX trial yesterday, is there something else I need to d/l to see the feed?

barrie
    By what it looks like so far I think you may need to have a cam setup yourself (just connected to your computer).

Maybe some of these people who could view it could give more feedback.

_greg
    [Edited by greg777 on 03-17-2002 at 10:19 AM]

I got the Live Broadcast to work using

.root.myWebcam.attachVideo(Camera.get(0));

But my problem is that i have a webcam and a capture card, it seems to pick the feed from the capture card by default, and even though i change to webcam through the settings it still shows the feed from the capture card.

Also noticed that if i open up two IE, it will only play on one....the other will be blank