A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

wow!!!!!!!!!

a "dumbed down" tutorial on how this is done would be greatly appreciated....

Originally posted by azzyt
    at the flash player help site
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/help/
    it does mention that a movie may either send your camera information to a server or broadcast to another users, OR it can just display it locally.

If all I can get working is the "Display Locally" I'll be happy.

Then I can tint myself green :P

here it comes:
    - select from the libary option menu 'new video'
    - drop this video on youre stage and give this video an instance name: 'theVid'
    - In the frame where the vidoe is put this frame action: theCam = camera.get();
    theVid.attachVideo(theCam);
    - test the movie.

This is working local, you will see youre own cam. I still don't know how to get a cam from someone else. If someone knows, please help!
    have fun.

Jasper

Arckid - Curving the Web
    hello guyz!,

this is very much interesting!!

does anyone know that how to make Live Scene on the site ? like _greg did it ???

I even not checked that my own cam ... i can see ... if any one knows ...

thanks for ur time in advance ...

augh I cannot get that local video to work. The bit of code helps.. I guess, but it's still not working. Although I must admit I've never really used action script before...heh. I would really like to get this to work. Could you elaborate a little maybe?

This'd be a great tutorial to make, I must say!

Arckid - Curving the Web
    ok ..

let me know if anybody knows good tutorial/article about this ...

thx in advance

resolved Capturing Video

I am able to get my local video camera feed displayed in a window using Flash MX (yay!!). Does anyone know if it is possible to record and save a movie using only Flash MX (or do I need ActiveX integration)?? I am working on a web-based application which will allow a user to record and save a movie clip of themselves, and I want them to do everything through the webbrowser.

thanks,
    aa

Is there any work around to allow others to view someone elses live video feed webcam in a flash movie? and can anyone give up some info on how to make a 15-30sec refresh webcam in flash mx?

Thanks,

Toygrubin

Try this--- get two or more people with a cam or a mic before you try it. I think you'lle be amazed at what Flash can do!

http://209.195.205.103/mx/holodate/holodate.htm

Please post the fla!!!!!!
    vidchat is cool

Whoa. This is seriously cool.

If you want to share your source that would be awesome.

I've got one of my systems connected with the camera with a stream from my house. I have the ceiling fan on in the background so you can see some movement.

This is great.

littlejobo

Originally posted by JoboFutz
    Try this--- get two or more people with a cam or a mic before you try it. I think you'lle be amazed at what Flash can do!

http://209.195.205.103/mx/holodate/holodate.htm

I tried logging in with a Polycom Viavideo cam and could not see my video though did see 2 other videos streaming, very cool. Any thoughts why this might not have worked with my cam? it is usb version camera

Lightbulb

< i was told to take the code down, sorry>
    [Edited by netpro2000 on 04-19-2002 at 11:21 PM]

Re: HOLY SHEEP ****

Originally posted by baineandshephard
    holy sheep ****, that works.....

Yeah, but if all you get is your own camera, what the heck is the point?

I'm beginning to think the live video conferencing technology isn't being discussed as much as I would have thought. Here is what I think I know about it:

1) The streaming conferencing server is going to be some kind of standalone product from Macromedia. (Generator was such a hit, why not try another shot at it?)

2) Anyone who has put up a server with what I'm assuming is alpha code from Macromedia, has been asked to shut it down. (Who asked them? It is never really clear)

So what is the complete story?

I've been monitoring the threads but folks aren't talking.

I'm very excited about this functionality being embedded in the Flash 6 player. Being able to use your Quickcam while surfing through web sites will be revolutionary on multiple fronts.

- Imagine getting technical support from a real person that you can talk to. The nuiances of a conversation will be seen and I think clearer communication will result.

- Imagine being able to immediately get in visual contact with a sales rep at that company's web site. It will make things like the asynchronous world of email less attractive. This kind of immediate response mentality has helped instant messaging get huge, just think if you could see the person just like they were at the desk next to you.

- Collaborative development could be more of a simpler task. Decentralized departments could work better if they could be there visually.

I'm pumped. What are the answers about the server?

jobo

Smile

translate 'blechdose' from german into englisch
    thats the answer

does this give a live feed to a website? or can you just record or something to your movie?

Aha! OK, here is the scoop.

Evidently there is a server product that is in development at Macromedia. I'm assuming it is a ColdFusion / Flash MX hybrid that allows live video streaming and conferencing. The project is code named Tin Cup.

I found an interview with Jeremy Allaire and the vision for it. Check out the complete interview here:

http://www.itwriting.com/mxinterview2.php

Here is a snippet.

"Jeremy: That's actually another piece that I haven't talked about. We're introducing a new technology for communications applications. The concept of these rich Internet applications is one that combines content and application and communications into a single environment. There's a client piece to that and a server piece to that.

The Flash player that was recently released includes within it all the client capabilities needed for these communications applications. It allows you to deliver real-time, peer-to-peer or one-to-many or many-to-many real-time communications applications, with shared data, audio and video. All that is built into the client today.

We'll be introducing a new communications server later this year. It's codenamed Tin Can, and it allows you to build these communications applications. "

Thanks for the help.

jobo

Realy Nice thread, Helped me a lot. Great!!!
    inder