A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D7Peacemaker Trailer 2

Hello all just letting y'all know that trailer two has been launched and The new site is up if anyone is interested. Also here's like my first official poster.

http://www.jynetik.com/Anime/d7poster_72scale_1600.jpg

http://www.jynetik.com/Anime/d7poster_72scale_1280.jpg

http://www.jynetik.com/Anime/d7poster_72scale_1024.jpg

Anyways that is all.
    d7residentevil

Interesting, music set to stills. Well the concept rules, I really wish it were animated. But thats expensive and time consuming so I understand your problem with it. Did you get the Ghost Police poster accepted by A-Kon13? I really dig those GP! Nice work D7 on the trailer it was sweet. Like those ninja guys. =)

Dementia, this Peacemaker project of yours is absolutely smokin'! I first saw it a while a go on Shockanime (Xerjester, who does the music I believe, posted a link to it). It's looking real sweet.

I also checked out your site. How do you get your images so clean and shiny looking? I just can't get it right!!

Hey thanks for the feedback all. Concerning the lack of motion...all in time Hopefully more of it in DVD2. Concerning the lineart and such I draw all of the images in Flash 5 with the mouse. I then export them into PNG's and bring those into after effects so......pretty straight forward on that. Anyways so also...yeah Xero had mentioned something like that so.

Anyways.gonna get some relaxing done tonight...feel free to ask any questions if you have them

Ohh yeah...forgot. A-Kon is using the Koobie and Bader pic...ehh...this one...

So if you go to Babbages or Electronics boutique you can get one of their ad [books] the free ones. This image is in ther on a half page ad. It might only be in Texas though....not really sure.

d7iceage
    [Edited by dementia7 on 03-16-2002 at 02:44 AM]

FK's Official A&A Addict
    is it correct that the divx version doesn't have any sound??

owhel i'll try the quicktime version (doh i forgot i have to install quicktime)

I hear the sound!

d7, I'm gonna pre-order 2 special edition dvds sometime later, ok?
    nice trailer

Hey thanks alot all.again As far as the Div-X and sound...it's done in Div-X 5 so.you need the http://divx.com codec for that one also...it may be interferring with anything if you just installed Winamp or any MP3 codec. Also it needs a windows machine to run the Div-X. Anyways so.I apologize for the inconvenience.

d7apologetic

FK's Official A&A Addict
    i downloaded the quicktime version don't worry about it i like what i have seen so far if it wasn't for the fact i would probably have to buy the dvd with a creditcard, i would defenitely buy it, too bad it's to far for me to pick up

your porject rules dementia.......

hope i can see it on dvd soon!

argonauta.-7*

Also this was the poster for A-Kon 13.....the 11x17 one. But I just got told that no Flag in BG. Cause we [a-kon] don't want to give off the wrong idea. Like we're leechging off of it so. Which I can understand. So this is it.......as it was meant to be.

d7dreamless

What does after efects do to your images? ive never used it before so i dont really know what it does to your pics to make them look so great.

olde skool member
    looks sweet d7. you gonna add sound?

jackson

Hey sorry for leaving this go so long. Concerning After Effects. After Effects is a program created for video editing, post effects and motion graphics. So after effects is what i use to make the characters move and such. I draw the art and color it in Flash 5. I put in the clouds and smoke and whatever in Photoshop 5.5. And then if I want to animate [The smoke or something] I go into after effects for major issues and color layers and such so. That's what that does

As far as sound? You mean on the trailers? If you got one without sound I deeply apologize. We had the Quicktime ones do that if folks didn't have QT5. Also the DivX ones were kinda funky but. Gotta have Divx 5 as well. So I apologize for the inconvienience.

And another thing. We made it to http://Ifilm.com It would be great for folks who did and or did not like the trailer to go on their and give a review of it or something. That would rule. Anyways though thanks all for the comments and I believe you have to sign up for some Ifilm thing or something in order to do whatever. So whatever. Anyways though also. The Two Towers [Lord of the Rings] trailer is next to ours so...you can see that one too

d7Ifilm

Hey,

it would be cool to see peacemaker as a comic book too.

argonauta.-7*
    ----------------------------------------------------

D7: Can I just say one thing?

I think your work is absolutely amazing. I kept up with it for a while, checking out your site and all its goodies, looking at the first trailer. Now watching this second one, I am in complete awe. It astounds me. That is some of the best design work I have seen in my life, if not the best. I wish you absolute luck with your project, and you can add one more buyer to your DVD now.

Some hours ago I began working on the completion of the animatic of the final intro and outro scenes. Afterwards I began on the creation and conception of Box Art and screen covers for the DVD as well as prepping the trailers for Apple.com and DivX.com and sending out our team to Dallas to work out the details of our movie premiere at A-Kon13. Afterwards I then edited the Four page list of Voice Over redo's and practiced with my actresses till midnight. At which case I proceeded to complete the first round of box art. This will be completely changed as I feel that I want the art to be indredible. Also I prepped the poster for Suncoast and the Film poster 27" x 40". Then I slept for 1 hour and then Got back into gear, ran 6 hours of Voice Over at Cyrus's. So all together in the last 3-4 days I have slept about 3-4 hours give or take.

Your post made it all worthwile.

Thanks alot XCJustinS.
    d7gratitude

dementia7, why's the shipping and handling so much $?

I wanted to get 3 copies, 1 for me, and 2 for my friends for their birthdays, but decided not to cuz the shipping and handling was too much.

It was 33$, way more than it shoudl be, don't you think?

I preordered a copy last month and got a bunch of ppl in a chat room I hang out in excited about it. I may get you a few sales, D7

I didn't have a problem with the shipping costs... but for the big posters why $150 ?!?!? that's like what i'd pay for a one of a kind art cell... but I believe this is all digital. I think I'll just stick to the high-rez d/l's for now.

Hey guys ok.

Trizkut
    The ecommerce package does that automatically actually. It just registers each person and shipping and so forth so. If you would like to order bulk...and only pay for one time shipping...then we can make some special arrangements so email joe@dementia7.com speciffically and he'll fix it all up. What I can say is this though. With a regular package, [Like 10-11 dollars shipping] we can only fit 2 dvds in the package. Now if we send a box or somehting with more it'll probably and most likely go up. Like 15 or something. Not sure so. Sending things is expensive. It was actually 30 bucks a person at first and I was like "No way" so we kept looking got it to 25 and still could not get it down and finally we got it down to 10. Calling different things UPS, FedEx and so forth. Anyways sorry for the inconvienience.

Scythe.
    Thanks so much for the support. That's awesome I really appreciate it
    As far as the posters are concerned. The 150 are the 2' x 4' letter box and mounted. The 150 is slightly over what it costs to make. Straight up. We're trying to find someone cheaper. "So why do regular posters at the mall cost so little?" Cause they order like 300,000 which brings the price per print to like a dollar. But then they're spending 300,000 dollars. Get it. So the less you do...the more it is. So like that. But I think we have a guy who knows a guy who can bring that down. I don't know though, we're still looking into it.

Seriously like all the places that are selling the DVD want a big movie poster top put in their stores. We're trying to explain to them that it's costing us a ridiculous amount of money for us to print them per poster.

And on another note. I will have a set of 7 at A-kon...maybe less but I'm reaching for 7. Anyways those start at 180 for bid. Walkout is going to have to be high casue last time I set it for 400 and they auctioned for 500. Those are one of a Kind. Last year I gave the PSD's away along with my word that that was the one and only PSD and there would never be another print of that poster. That's actually a crazy thing to do cause that person...could go reprint them as many times as they wanted. Good thing though that the guy who bought almost all of them...is now my manager

This year I'll probably do a legal ceritification saying that it's a one of a kind and I won't print another one.

I feel yah though on poster prices. Like I work like mad and my computer goes down over and over and it takes days for Each poster cause they're like 15,000 pixels wide and such 2' x 4' at 300 D.P.I. Flash only exports at 8000 pixels max so...I have to cut the image in half and then repiece it together. It takes like 30 minutes to open and 45 minutes to save every single time so. And then I get to A-Kon and someone throws 400 dollars at a fantasy poster that has nothing to do with anime and is like print number 2450 of 4000 [I'm sooo not kidding] And it's the exact same poster that was there last year and the year before. And the lady's not even there. She never has been. That....that's annoying. So I know to alot of folks there...they have the same feeling of the Cel being more valuable and such and more work thatn the digital. But I promise you it isn't. I could do a cell in like 10-15 minutes. Although I've never painted so it might actually take like an hour [D7 sucks at painting..I think] Like Steve Bennet's cell painting class he does them in like 5-10 minutes in front of everyone. It's crazy.

So what I do is like I said...offer them the fact that it will never be done again so. Also in my panels I show what it takes to make the movie. I open After Effects and Lightwave and such and move things around and then go into photoshop and so forth. So people can gain more of an appreciation and all.

And I agree..150 dollars is a lot of money so what I try and do is give people more bang for the buck. Like the release date is being pushed back to April 30th cause I want to add more and better extras to the DVD and also. The entire soundtrack and Voice is being remastered in DTS 5.1 What that means is that Xero makes all of the tracks and then Tony goes in and has to take every single instrument and fade them through a 5 speaker system from front to back and they collaborate on which sound should come from behind you and in front and what should go where on what channel. Loads and loads upon loads of work. So once again....more bang for the buck. So I fell ya there. I really do.

d7comprehend

FK's Official A&A Addict
    uhm i tried to preorder the dvd but it doesn't ship outside the states... i chose the international special edition and at the billing info i could only select usa as country (also for the delivery adress) anyway i sure want to preorder.... (and i still have to get my mastercard ) any suggestions? btw is there any chance of a cash on delivery service? i don't know how it is in the usa but here it's pretty common so that's why i ask