A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LoadMovie -- Expert Help Needed

I'm using the following code to load a small animation into an empty movie clip to superimpose over a main movie:

loadMovie ("sparklies.swf", "empty");

The main movie and the .swf file are in the same directory, but the animation doesn't show up on the main movie. If anyone would like to look at the code and see what I'm doing wrong, that'd be fantastic.

Here's the main movie:

Musket Drill (drill.swf)
    Musket Drill (drill.fla)

Here's the slowmatch animation (it scales according to your browser window size--should be very small):

Fuse (sparklies.swf)
    Fuse (sparklies.fla)

The sparklies.swf is supposed to appear as a lighted fuse that the musketeer is holding to light his matchlock. As you'll see, the movie isn't appearing anywhere.

Thanks for helping me out.

Devon

FK Lover
    there is definitely something wrong with the AS probably it doesnt understand which movie to load?!

what i did is as follows:

i change th target to LEVEL 1, that lets the sparklies appear on your main movie. You can now alter the place where they appear by moving them in sparklies.fla.

eg. you want them in drill.swf to appear at 100, 100
    move them in sparklies.fla to these coordinates

try a bit around to get best results!

That did work on my comp, is not the best solution but that's how i do it with all my movies!

Originally posted by busssm
    You can now alter the place where they appear by moving them in sparklies.fla.

eg. you want them in drill.swf to appear at 100, 100
    move them in sparklies.fla to these coordinates

try a bit around to get best results!
    Yeah, I see what you mean. Problem is, there are a dozen different stages of the musketeer drill (I only used one in the sample I uploaded), and the fuse is located in different places. Which means I'd have to have 12 different sparklies.swf movies with the coordinates set for each graphic.

Bleh.

Surely there's a better way?

Thanks for your help.