A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Font Problem

Anybody have any idea why every typeface I use in MX gives me the error - could not find outline font.... The only ones that seem to work are the generic Verdana, Helvetica... Does it support Post Script fonts? the last one did

On a Mac using ATM Deluxe

Weird... I installed it on my powerbook and it works fine, but abit glitchy... had a line of text change to just the letter Ds .. Anybody else have these types of problems... maybe my office has gone paranormal

ATM is not supported anymore and actually obsolete at this time. FlashMX now relies on ATSUI which is provided by Apple and part of Carbon. ATSUI fully supports PostScript fonts.

http://developer.apple.com/intl/atsui.html

Might be a good idea to recheck your configuration since you should not need ATM anymore to use PostScript fonts if you have a recent system...

Thanks Migel,

Running in OS9 for now, until all the software i use comes in for OSX... Sometime in the summer.

Explains a bit, but does not explain why it worked under the same conditions on my Laptop. I think there is just a bug on my desktop

k