A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Importing movies disables sound?

dhawaltank

resolved [RESOLVED] Importing movies disables sound?

I have a problem. I tried importing a movie and then after putting it all together properly, I tried to run the movie but no sound comes. Can you help me? How can I get sound as well when I import movies.
    Thank you.

Need more info. What trype of movie did you import? What file type did you export the FLA as? Is there anything else wrong with the movie (graphics not showing, etc.?). Help us out!

I think this in reference to importing a swf file. Yes no sounds or script import with it. You'll ahve to reimport the sound files from the original swf file. And redo them

dhawaltank
    Originally posted by garbage
    Need more info. What trype of movie did you import? What file type did you export the FLA as? Is there anything else wrong with the movie (graphics not showing, etc.?). Help us out!
    It was a quicktime movie (.mov) file.

If your FLA contains an imported Quicktime movie, all you will be able to export it as is Quicktime (click FILE > EXPORT MOVIE, then you should see a drop-down box of file types ... you need to change that to Quicktime). Thankfully MX has now got decent video support, but Flash 5 doesn't.

So, to recap ... if your FLA contains a Quicktime movie, you won't see the movie unless you export it as Quicktime (so you won't see it if you make a SWF or a projector file).