A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Question Number 3a

I’m not sure what the correct term is for it but the gold square in the center where you work in, can that be resized?

Can a full screen be made?

Is there a keystroke or function that will automatically completely fill it with a bitmap picture?

And when you choose ‘insert copy of frame’ shouldn’t it place an exact copy of the frame on top of the work area? I thought this might be an easier way to do fades but it's not working.

Thanks.

answer to the first question

Yes,

Hit Movie>Movie size from the menu.

[alt] M will get you the menu but if you hit [alt] M S it will bring you to sounds.

You thin can sellect the Width and Hieght in Pixels.

the second question

Sorta yes,

Set the background Image by hitting

[alt]-M>B>enter

or select it from the menu.

The downside to this method is that it will be the same in all frames.

Re: answer to the first question

Is there a big difference in page load times when you make it bigger?

Re: the second question

Originally posted by johnie
    Does this mean that if I make a copy of frame 1 that just frame one and two will be the same, or will it then also affect frames 2,3,4 etc ?

Third answer

What you really want to do is Copy Frame then paste frame.

Insert Copy of Frame will copy the current frame and add it after the frame you are on.

I could not find a shortcut key for the frame functions.

Re: Re: answer to the first question

Originally posted by CoolMoves
    Is there a big difference in page load times when you make it bigger?

YESSS!!!!!

In fact if the file is over 500K it you won't be able to export it.

The best solution is to split large movies and load them section by section like Andrew C did in his tutorial.

The tutorial I wrote, for comparison is about 250k. I set the tweens low and cut from it so that I could get it down to that size.

Be Nice to people with dial-up Modems. Very large files will take them a year to download.

Re: Re: the second question

Does this mean that if I make a copy of frame 1 that just frame one and two will be the same, or will it then also affect frames 2,3,4 etc ?
    No,

If you copy frame 1 then wherever you placed that copy will be the one effected. If you hit the icon it adds it to the end of the movie.

If you insert frame then it inserts a copy of that frame as the next frame while pushing the other frames back.

I don't think the program can do this but when you resize the movie, is there a way to get it to default to that size everytime you open the program? If not then it would probably be very easy to add that feature in the next version. Under movie size it could say Default Movie, and then the user could set their preferance.

To be honest I don't think it remembers anything when you shut it down.

I'm pretty sure it remembers your default text effect directory. I think that was the high point of my day yesterday when I saw that

I am correct- it does not.

You could create a template save it with all of your preffences and then open that each time you start the program.

I'm pretty sure it remembers your default text effect directory. I think that was the high point of my day yesterday when I saw that
    Then as far as I know that is the only thing that it remembers.

You could create a template save it with all of your preffences and then open that each time you start the program.

Gee I hope this isn't a big question but how do you create a template?

Correction, it does not remember the text effect setings. I must not have closed the program all the way down. Aw gee, now I have to reset that everytime I go to use the program, looks like something else for the wish list

AHHH,

an easy one.

Open a new file, (I like to import a gallary of shapes and bitmaps into it and place it outside of the movie window-the gold square) and then set all of the things. Save it as template. Put it where you can find it- desktop?

That's it.

Re: Re: Re: the second question

No,

If you copy frame 1 then wherever you placed that copy will be the one effected. If you hit the icon it adds it to the end of the movie.

If you insert frame then it inserts a copy of that frame as the next frame while pushing the other frames back.

A note here. If you set the background Image then that image is the same no matter which frame you are in-so to be percise setting the background image effects all frames, just like setting the background picture.

I think what yoou are trying to do is change backgrounds- IE show three or four frames as an interior and then 3 or four frames as an exterior.

If this is the case then what you want to do is draw a rectangle to fill the movies size- send it to the back and then paste that filled shape in the frames with that background. Then create a rectangle with the other background and fill it and place it in the frames where you want it by using the cut and paste functions.

You want to fill them [the shapes] with a bit map of your background by the way.

Basically all i'm trying to do is to have one bitmap fade in, You wouldn't see anything else but the bitmap, some text will show up on top of it, and then the bitmap will fade out and a new bitmap will fade in. More text on top of it and so on and so forth...

This is how to do that.

1. import the bit map.

2. hit edit copy

3. Hit copy then paste- you now have 2 copies. When you duplicate shapes in a frame the copy gets a new name and is considered a seperate shape from now on-keep this in mind.

4. Double click the copy-it should be on top. The list properties dialog pops up.

5. Double click color fill and switch it from Bitmap to Solid fill and make it match the background color. You could click the paint button instead of double double clicking the dialog box. You also want to set the border/line thickness to 0.

6. Move the shape so that this will mask your bit map. May want to name it as mask or hide me or something.

7. Either Insert copy of frame or if this is the only frame in your movie then hit the copy to end button.

8. In the new frame select your masking shape and alter its transparancy to 255 (fade In). Repeate step 7.

9. In this frame select your masking shape and alter its transparancy to 0 (fade out).

To alter the times of the fade you change the number of tweens between the frames.

That's it

Repeate this for the next Bit map

Note: You will need to pay attention to where the shapes are positioned (layering). The Bitmap Needs to be at the verry Bottom with the Mask right above it and the text and other shapes above it.