A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 300.000 members hate Math heh ?

Smile

Not too much activity here..wonder why ?

official system error
    I think that's a great board, but often ool use flash just for animation... it's just an elite that rocks with great AS code and need to be helped
    I wish i knew maths and physics better
    I'll probably come here sometime to ask something.
    btw it's a new board let ppl get used to!!

I don't hate maths (though I do want to learn more) but have other things to try

I like math, but if it wouldn't be for the b*itchy cheaters, it woulld be better. My average (quarter average) went from an A+ to a B+ because i forgot to put a set of parenthesis in my work for one of the problems!!!

Physics i think is very useful (though i prefer quantum mechanics because it lets my mind run wild, err, remember stephen hawking, he doubted previous theories and i like to do the same). Acoustic physics for one is important in games, as well as other parts of physics.

I don't think this is really necessary in flash, but, when you create huge interactive games, it will be useful. Only problem is that flash isn't 3d!! That'd be so cool, but that would really defy the point of flash, a simple and easy web animation/programming utility. If you want 3d internet games, look in shockwave/that 3d plugin or wateve...

Math can be used in flash to do wicked cool things -- look at Vox angelica's site -- shogun's- bit 101's, i could go on -- most people seem to want to use Flash to be the next 2Advanced.com -- there is not much math in that, but if you understand the basics of math, you can do incredible things

I think this board will pick up when more people see interesting stuff coming out of it -- also when people get into the drawing features for Flash MX -- and really produce neat stuff, this area will pick up

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mad-Sci
    Not too much activity here..wonder why ?
    Because all of the silly questions are being asked in the games forum?

how can a quarter average go from A+ to B+ via one mistake. Maybe the law of averages are different in your world!!!

I love math and all, but I haven't had much time lately.

I do now, so I may start posting a bit

Till now the overall quality of the forum is great and some guys in here are doing really nice stuff, so I'm very pleased how it worked out. We knew that this forum would be rather small, compared to others, for several reasons. First, I agree with Ctrl+Alt+Del opinion. Second, it's also just not as attracting as Coolsites, then easy Math related questions go to some other Forums, too... which in my point of view isn't that bad, as long as you get some help. Math and Physics could sound a bit scary for the average Flash user. But it shouldn't, my point is that if you got some easy Math questions don't mind posting them. That forum is for learning Math, you don't need to be a Math Genius for posting in here.