A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: problems with rollovers

Hi all,
    I appreciate that this might not be a newbie thing but I will ask it here anyway and see what happens (plesae feel free to point me in the right direction if this is wrong)

I want to do a flash movie that has nine images on it, that looks like this (image numbers given below):

when the mouse is rolled over image 1 then I would like images 4,5 and 6 to fade down to about 20% whilst some text about image 1 fades in. My problem is that i have no idea how to get the rest of the images to fade out at this point as the text fades in. I can set individual images to fade at a given time and I can get text to fade in, but i cant get them all to link in correctly...can someone help me out, I am more than happy to explain in more detail how far I have got with this and explain more about what i want to do...pls help...

Thanks very much
    biscut

Sleepy
    you might try putting the texts that you want to behave similarly into a movie clip, that way you can control what fadees in and what fades out through actionscript

HTH

Thanks for your suggestion, have finally managed to figure out how to do it (after 4 hours *laughs*) all seems t be going well :-)

Thanks again
    biscut

Sleepy
    excellent...
    and no problem