A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MX ok with .swf, but problems with .exe

Hi,
    I am having a problem with Flash MX. My movie is running perfectly as a .swf file, but it is not working when made a projector. Can anybody help? It's urgent. Thanks in advance.

what exactly seems to be the problem?

We need more info to be able to help you.

MX Publishes .exe's fine for me

hey - ed mack

what are you using to be able to determine how many browsers are currently viewing your signature Flash file?

Details

Hi,
    Well, I had made a file in flash 5, now I have downloaded the trial version of mx. The file is quite heavy with around 20mins of streaming audio (.wav). Also I have got multiple scenes, 9 scenes in all. Three or four scenes have more than 16000 frames ( the upper limit). The file couldn't be published with flash 5, hence I opted for mx. I have seen all the things, all the properties and behaviours. It is a linear presentation with symbols which are graphics. The file size is around 131MB. Is it the size which is making the problem? When I am publishing the scenes individually, as .swf, there are no probs, but the whole file is not running when published with all the scenes. The first scene is coming ok, the voice is progressing from the second scene, but not the graphics. Thanks for the response.

Another thing, I have tried to publish the swf file together, but it isn't working either. Individually all the scenes are working perfectly. Is there a way out, like externally linking the files or sounds like director?