A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MouseOver problem

I need to do a Photo gallery, I have the thumbnails on the right, and when the mouse pass to one thumbnail, the picture, resize it to the center of the page, showing it at its full size.

The problem I have, is that when I pass the mouse over, let say, to the first thumbnail, displays the first picture right,and the picture grow correctly to the center of the page, and shrinks back to the original position, smoothly; but I have to leave the mouse over the thumbnail, to see the effect of growing and shrinking, because if I move it fast or out of the thumbnail, the picture suddenly appears, and the effect is lost.

What I need, is that, no matter if I move the mouse slow or fast, or if I leave or move the mouse over or out of the thumbnail, the picture grow and shrink, properly, and that the picture doesn't appears suddenly, when I move the mouse over the thumbnail or move the mouse out of the thumbnail.

I have uploaded an example of what I already have:

http://www.edifica-universal.com.mx/esp/obras.htm

I need help, in order to achieve this effect.

Thank you

Originally posted by carl_mty
    I need to do a Photo gallery, I have the thumbnails on the right, and when the mouse pass to one thumbnail, the picture, resize it to the center of the page, showing it at its full size.

The problem I have, is that when I pass the mouse over, let say, to the first thumbnail, displays the first picture right,and the picture grow correctly to the center of the page, and shrinks back to the original position, smoothly; but I have to leave the mouse over the thumbnail, to see the effect of growing and shrinking, because if I move it fast or out of the thumbnail, the picture suddenly appears, and the effect is lost.

What I need, is that, no matter if I move the mouse slow or fast, or if I leave or move the mouse over or out of the thumbnail, the picture grow and shrink, properly, and that the picture doesn't appears suddenly, when I move the mouse over the thumbnail or move the mouse out of the thumbnail.

I have uploaded an example of what I already have:

http://www.edifica-universal.com.mx/esp/obras.htm

I need help, in order to achieve this effect.

Thank you
    I looked at your example and I am not sure what you have done so far but I would put your growing and shrinking in a movie clip for each. then you put in an actionscript to
    the frame that has the thumbnail and say " on rollover go to this frame and on that frame have the movieclip load for that thumbnail"... this is how I am doing something similiar and it works fine..

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    How did you construct the transformation? More specifically, did you tween the growing process of the image? That should be the easy route, by tweening. Have a On rollover - Go To action to a specific frame that starts the growing of the image...In any event, post back if you're still having probs...

Flamboyant Flasher

Hi Flamboyant Flasher

I did what you told me, but the problem now is that when I put the mouse over, let say, thumbnail number one, the effect goes ok, it grows to the center of the screen, BUT (and here is the new problem), when I move the mouse outside of the thumbnail area, or if I try to move to another thumbnail, the first picture, doesn't return (or shrink) to its original size, and the effect is lost permanently, at least fot that sequence, unless you reload the page again.

See what I mean, here: http://www.edifica-universal.com.mx/esp/obras.htm

So what I need to do, is no matter if I move the mouse fast or outside the thumbnail area, or to another thumbnail, the effect won't lost.

Any ideas to achieve this effect?

I'm getting to start DESPERATE, I tried everything and nothing happens.

Thank you in advance.

resolved

hi i have looked at your site which looks good. how bout if you did it on a rollout that you load a movie which will overwrite on the rollover eg
    Onmouseevent rollover loadmovienum; grow.swf layer:1
    Onmouseevent rollout Loadmovienum; Shrink.swf Layer:1

I am not sure but that should overwrite your problem and fix it. Then again i could be totally wrong
    oh well just trying to help

Repost old mouseover problem

About the mouseover problem, I already tried every posible solution, that all the nice people in this forums suggested me, and the problem persist.

So, I upload the .fla file, (the layers and the libraries are named in spanish, though, but the code is the code for actionscript, and it's in english).

Please help me! I'm stucked and seems that I will be forever.

You can download the fla at:

http://www.edifica-universal.com.mx/esp/gal-obras.fla

I'm getting desperate, guys, please HELP!!!

I really apreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance, nice people

Thank you for all your help, PROBLEM SOLVED

I want to thank you all for the help you gave me in this problem, but the problem is already solved, that's why, I delete the files from the server, the fla, previously posted.

Thanks again to all of you.