A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: clarification

Ok question refering to uploading? I know in order to test your animation, links and all need to be in the same directory, I am assuming it is the same to upload, and when you write the links for goto url buttons, when you upload will everything work right, has anyone tried this yet? Success? Also anyone had success with buttons, it seems to work ok, but the sound continues to play when the mouse is off of the button when it is a roller over action, I think it would be nice if it stops when the mouse is away, can we do this now, I think another action would stop it, roll away, right? Anyone else working on a site with just KoolMoves (ink was it, how is it going, Johnie, coolmoves?)anyone?

Thanks
    Brad

Hi Brad. I don't have the exact answer you're looking for but it sure sounds like there is an action missing to tell Koolmoves to stop playing the sound/noise when the mouse is removed. I seem to remember that there is a tutorial on buttons either at the Koolmoves web site, or in the help file. They used colors instead of sound, but it still might help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

need to add this action to the button.

On roll out stop sounds.

Hope that works for you.

I prefer to have transparent layers represent buttons. 1 big transparent layer infront of the background to stop sounds and return back to the menu and the button shapes on top of that and another set of transparent layers above that to play the sounds and goto frames.

The advantages to this method is that you get better control and the added benifit of bieng able to animate the the buttons and you can scale bothe text and shapes that way.

[Edited by johnie on 09-25-2000 at 05:30 PM]

yes, I am

creating sites with Kool Moves.

I took the index pages down on my home page to do a new one in kool Moves. The program is great at laying out things.

Yeah me too, only I took my whole site down(was kinda crappy anyway, all html, which isn't necessarily bad, but..) When you get it up, hope you will share I should, repeat should have mine up by end of this month, or early of next month, just the basics though, doing in my spare time, ha, like any of us have any

Brad