A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: actions on top of eachother???

hi all,
    i hope someone can help solve my problem --> on my flash site i have a button with an action assigned to it saying

on (rollOut) {
    gotoAndPlay (1);
    }

frame 2 and after has a movieclip in it where text links appear on top of the same button, however whenever i try to go over these text links the movie goes back to frame 1 (thinking i am rolling out of the initial button)rather than allowing me to click the text links.
    is there any way of preventing this????

(the links are added to the text by putting the URL into the URL field of the character window....maybe this is the mistake and there is another way of doing this?)

any help is appreciated!

create another instance of the button on frame 2 and take away the action that you don't want from this button. That way the rollout action will happen on frame 1 but won't in frame 2

i'm not being clear :) ....

...the thing is that the rollout action SHOULD happen all the way through the movie, however starting from frame 2 text appears ON TOP of the button (with links) and as soon as you want to go onto the text links it thinks you ARE rolling out of the button (eventhough you are NOT) due to the URL actions assigned to the text.

I'm having difficulties explaining
    does it make any sense?

thx for your help!