A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

Aah, who said it was hard to get on the beta program !

joke !!!!
    ouch,ouch

cre8ive
    The loadSound() effects Netscape on Windows. I wish for a unloadSound() command.

does all this issue affect the standalone player? i am new to flash and thinking about getting flash mx but with all these bugs...

hmm. interesting. i wonder why i still have the streaming bug.

would any of you guys (who said the streaming bug is gone) test this out for me

http://www.the1stmovement.com/temp

1) click on a song on the background
    2) then wait till it's streaming
    3) click "unload" on the left

for me, the sound continues to stream, and i have version 6.0.25 installed (as said on the "about Macromedia Player" link at least)

thanks guys
    If I select a song, then my download accelerator shows up asking my to download the mp3 file. Why is that????????

Originally posted by thenerdyguy
    does all this issue affect the standalone player? i am new to flash and thinking about getting flash mx but with all these bugs...
    The problem isn't actually with Flash MX as such, it's the player that has a bug (from what Mike Chambers wrote, just the ActiveX version) and furthermore affects any content developed with Flash 5 and 4 - so you shouldn't base your decision on this particular issue.

maybe read the whole thread to get the larger picture, if you haven't done so already

- n.

what's this activeX version? the player for windows?

i mean if there is a problem with the player.. whats the point in learning flash mx?

sorry if i don't make sense.. never really used flash before. i hope they get it fixed soon.. then at least whatever u programmed will turn out as u expected

Originally posted by dennie

If I select a song, then my download accelerator shows up asking my to download the mp3 file. Why is that????????

Dennie have you brought this to MM's attention...? If that happeneds to everyone with Download Accellerator it would be quite a pain...

Master Poo Flinger
    Originally posted by Criticalflicker
    Originally posted by dennie

Dennie have you brought this to MM's attention...? If that happeneds to everyone with Download Accellerator it would be quite a pain...
    It happens with GetRight too, but it has only happened when loading mp3's or jpg's, but not swf's.

hmmmmm.....

Wow that really sucks... looks like I'll be sticking with the FlashWriter Toolkit.

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/13700.html

[If I select a song, then my download accelerator shows up asking my to download the mp3 file. Why is that????????

that's probably because you set GetRight or Download Accelerator as the default download tool. This will happen not only in flash, as it 'll check the extension of the file, and if it's mp3 or jpg, it'll automatically start your default download tool.

if you want to disable it for download accelerator, go to "download", "option" , "general" and uncheck "integrate to IE" and "integrate to NS"

it's NOT a flash problem.

further more on this topic, the only bug left, per my understanding, is the LoadSound Streaming bug, as you can see from my previous post.

bugs happen, and I'm sure the macromedia dev group is working as hard as they can. This should not affect your decision to learn flash or MX, as it is probably the most revoluntionary product on the web nowadays.

Originally posted by thenerdyguy
    what's this activeX version? the player for windows?

i mean if there is a problem with the player.. whats the point in learning flash mx?
    Internet Explorer on Windows uses an activeX version of the flash player. ActiveX is a kind of plug-in system for the whole of windows. Netscape browsers don't use activeX, but have their own plug-ins.

The (activeX) player will be fixed soon - don't be put off learning MX because of this bug.

Projector Player Update?

Mike made mention that the player that is affected by the streaming bug is the Active X Plug-in (PC) version. Has anyone tested to see if the Projector player is affected, and if so, will there likely be a MX updater that incorporates the newer player for Projector use.

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

thats a good call,
    not sure how much the streaming bug would affect a standalone projecter though, most things (even big files) load pretty much straight away when played of a cdrom/hard disk.
    I don't think it would matter too much to be honest.

Master Poo Flinger
    Originally posted by Criticalflicker
    Wow that really sucks... looks like I'll be sticking with the FlashWriter Toolkit.

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/13700.html
    Na, you could just change the file's extension to throw off the download manager.

try it here:
    http://tweekmonster.net/flash6/test.htm

if you have download accelerator or getright.

Originally posted by sonwah
    thats a good call,
    not sure how much the streaming bug would affect a standalone projecter though, most things (even big files) load pretty much straight away when played of a cdrom/hard disk.
    I don't think it would matter too much to be honest.
    I can think of more than a few reasons why one might want to have a local executable that retrieves files from a server online - especially now with shared objects available. What do you need the browser for anyway? If the streaming bug is indeed in the Player, then the same bandwidth issues will apply.

Perhaps MM can re-distribute just the player that's used to build the Projector if it's needed. Are the 'player' files that exist in the Players directory the ones that are used to build the executable? If so, I can swap the new player in when it's released.

so,

I checked it quickly and the bug does affect the standalone projector (this is under Win2k) too.

- n.

It says in the reference for sound.loadsound() that: "<i>As with event sounds, streaming sounds exist only in virtual memory, they are not downloaded to the hard drive.</i>" Yet they apear in my Temporary Internet Files? I'm guessing the reference is wrong here?

if you want to disable it for download accelerator, go to "download", "option" , "general" and uncheck "integrate to IE" and "integrate to NS"
    Do I have too tell all my clients to do this. First you have install the player than you have to restart the computer than you have to disable the download accelerator and then you can view the site.
    I don't think my client gonna like that.