A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: (Windows Again!!) Why is it that... ?

If I have a movie say 200 by 200 that I set to open in a new browser window of exactly the same size, the movie never fits the window exactly. Why is that?

I have tried messing about with the publish settings and stuff eg. exact fit, default (show all) etc. but none of them seem to work.

Any explanations/advice?

Are you talking about the gaps at the left and top? Try pasting this into the <BODY> tag of you HTML:
    marginheight="0" marginleft="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"

Smile

hello again,

Yeah - the gaps at the left and top. I will give your html a shot - I am very sure it will work...

thanks again! I will let you know...

Do I put that script in the < > tag things (in the body tags)?

s'cool I understand now! I looked at someone else's site code.

Thankyou bruixot

In the HTML script, you'll see the start of the <BODY> tag. In it you can put the attributes and their values of the page. Your <BODY> tag should look something like this:
    <BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF" marginheight="0" marginleft="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" link="#000099" vlink="#000099" alink="#000099">

yup - i got it bruixot! Thanks again for your time (and patience).

Ciao

No problem again.

A word of advice, there's 3 parts of creating a sucessful pop-up. Remember them, you'll end up using them alot. Especially with flash.

Below is a copy of a small tute I've included in my footer. Copy and save it and use it whenever.

---------------
    To get the javascript:openNewWindow to run from flash, you need to set the button action to the following.
    on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:openNewWindow('youNewPage.html','your NewPageName','width=200,height=200,top=10,left=10' )"); }
    Set the Width and Height to whatever best fits. Top and Left are always useful to make sure the new window opens at a fixed place on the screen.

Then you need to play around with the HTML file that holds the .swf movie. Paste in the <head> tag this (exactly as is):
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) { newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures); }
    </script>

Stick into the <body> tags of the HTML of the pic pages this:
    marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"

---------------

;-)

Ah right - I was wondering wot ur footer was all about. It wasn't allowing me to copy when I right clicked the text.

Thanks loads!

All Hail Bruixot!