A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: * Click Here *

I have a sweet idea for an intro, but I don't know what the best way to do it is. I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a screen covered in squares. I want the screen to clear. I want the squares to go in different directions, how should I do this.

I need to know whether to make them symbols, what sort of tweening I should use, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Help me, be happy

Make each square a separate symbol. I'd recomemd movie clip, unless you want them to perform button actions. To make them move you have to tween each individual square from its orignal position to it's final resting place.

For tweening you have to make sure you only have one tween per layer playing at the same time.

Any queries on how to develop this more, post me back.

if u make the Squares into Movie Clips , then you control their positions programaticaly ... using Action Script ... it is quite easy ... just use their properties _x , _y

Keep in mind that a huge amount of motion tweening will really slow down the movie, and make for long loading times.

Bleh Humbug!
    Originally posted by alexhodge
    Keep in mind that a huge amount of motion tweening will really slow down the movie, and make for long loading times.
    I have done the square thing in practice (inwards, not out.) You say that by doing action scripting as opposed to tweening will be faster? BTW. Still waiting for an action script book for mx to come out. Heard of any yet?