A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about Fonts

Hello,
    I have a question about text. Let me see if I can word this correctly. I know that in many programs, the appearance of text displayed in the final product depends on the fonts installed on the end user's system, so that even if you type something, say in Signature font, if the user doesn't have that font, it will use Arial or some font that the user does have. Is Kool Moves like this, or will the font I use appear no matter what fonts the end user has installed? I hope this quest ion is clear. If not, let me know, and I will try to clarify! Thanks,
    M

Hi mbain. I know exactly what you are talking about and even though i'm not 100% positive on this I would think that the end user would see what is in your Koolmoves project. When a person sees a web page it's in HTML and when a person sees your project, it's going to be more like in flash, and that's where the difference is. There is nothing in Koolmoves or flash which defaults back to a certain font like in HTML. Correct me if i'm wrong guys...

Super Moderator
    All the character data referenced in the text is stored in the fun and swf files. It does not matter if the end user has the font or not.

Hey guys,
    Thanks a lot !
    M