A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

Lightbulb

Hi everyone,

I am a dutch editor who has an interview coming up next week with Jeremy Allaire. Although I do have several nice questions of my own, I was wondering whether the real pro's have any questions for him.
    So if you have anything of interest, please e-mail me on jeroenNOSPAM@netprofessional.nl or post them here. Thank you _very_ much for your help, time & trouble!

Jeroen

Is your name 'raketman' based on a cartoon of kamagurka?

Nope. It was during one of my late night races on Crash Team Racing (PSX). You have this character N.Gin, but I think the name is stupid, and since he has a huge rocket in his... head, I just call him rocketman. Simplification of reality.

The Minister of No Crap

Ask him what the status is of the major bug found in Flash Player 6.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com/

Nice dent! ?

ask him how come he accidentally put flash mx on the allaire site and available for downloading before the official release date

ask him what the merger with macromedia has done for his company

ask him where he got those trousers

Jeroen,

I would be interested to hear how Jeremy views the new direction of CodFusion MX.
    In the past, ColdFusion had begun to take a foothold as a viable server-side tool, but now with its replacing of Macromedia Generator it seems that this product will begin to take on an even brighter future.

On the downside, though, this all-in-one product really leaves a lot to desire with the PHP developers out here.

Thanks,
    Jay

Originally posted by RazoRmedia
    ask him where he got those trousers
    Hi everyone,

thanks for the additional questions. I will ask 'em and post the answers next week. Except for this trousers thing. Which trousers? Or do I miss a sense of humor on this one?
    Thanks again & regards,

Jeroen

don't worry, you'll learn to ignore me.

Ask him about HomeSite MX???
    Will there be one and if yes how soon?

J

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by RazoRmedia
    don't worry, you'll learn to ignore me.
    Get your coat!

-scott

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by zorrosrk
    Ask him about HomeSite MX???
    Will there be one and if yes how soon?

J
    I think along with this question, you could ask if they're planning on moving all of their products to the MX platform.

Good question, zorrosrk.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com/

The Minister of No Crap

Ask him if its true that Macromedia knew about the bugs in the Flash 6 player months ago.

-scott

Hi guys,

I finished the interview & got the answers. But also a NDA till the first of may, so please be patient.
    Concerning the actionscript bug: they working hard on it (duh) and will release a statement soon. Soon as in matter of days. Let's hope they do.
    Stay tuned for the answers!
    Thanks all of you for your feedback.
    Warm regards,

Jeroen

P.S. He didn't wear any trousers, but he got his blouse from the company (didn't ask him about his underwear though... Didn't dare to look, let alone ask.)

see the trouser question should have been asked.

what did he have on then a skirt?

why the 1st of May, whats happening then?

He should have had a coat.

Perhaps that's what the NDA is for!

LOL! No skirt man, just those hairy legs :P
    The NDA is in regards to their MX launch of several products (which I can't name, but you know which ones I'm talking about). The announcement will be at the end of april. Kinda long time for a press NDA though, two weeks. Wonder if every editor will follow up on that.

Jeroen

Hi everyone,

it is the end of the NDA, so here goes...
    (q1) What is the status of the 'streaming bug' in the Flash 6 player.
    (a1) Obsolete question now. Check MM's website

(q2) ask him how come he accidentally put flash mx on the allaire site and available for downloading before the official release date
    (a2) It was an accident and no underground marketing. Sort of 'username: guest, password: guest' problem. They just forgot to close that part of the rest of the internet.

(q3) What has the merger done for his company
    (a3) It has been the greatest thing for Allaire as a company. Jeremy wouldn't ever, ever had the possibility to invest such huge amount of money on, for example, Cold Fusion. Allaire is very, very happy with the merger.

(q4) I would be interested to hear how Jeremy views the new direction of CodFusion MX. In the past, ColdFusion had begun to take a foothold as a viable server-side tool, but now with its replacing of Macromedia Generator it seems that this product will begin to take on an even brighter future.
    On the downside, though, this all-in-one product really leaves a lot to desire with the PHP developers out here.
    (a4) Cold Fusion will play a very future central role within Studio MX. (Check out Dreamweaver MX for example and you know what I mean) So yes, amuch brighter for Cold Fusion. Still it would leave some to desire for PHP developers. Allaire wasn't that wild about PHP, so things are not likely to change on a short notice.

(q5) Ask him about HomeSite MX? Will there be one and if yes how soon?
    (a5) No news on this, but it probably won't be called HomeSite MX, since it's not a part of Studio MX. Dreamweaver MX has some HomeSite features in it though, so a bit HomeSite MX for you.

(q6) ask if they're planning on moving all of their products to the MX platform?
    (a6) Nope. Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MX, ColdFusion MX and (my guess) Freehand MX. No indications on work on Freehand MX though. That's it. The rest will remain out of the MX family, so probably no HomeSite MX.

(q7) why the 1st of May, whats happening then?
    (a7) the official Studio MX announcement

Note: these are my answers, so no quotes from Allaire here. I did obtain this info via an interview with him though.

Thanks everyone!

Raketman a.k.a. Jeroen

Jeroen,

Thanks for the updates, man. Must have been a great experience interviewing Jeremy... Was it live, telephone, or IM, or email? Just curious. At any rate, thank you for sharing your info with us.

Jay

Originally posted by JabezStone
    Jeroen,

Thanks for the updates, man. Must have been a great experience interviewing Jeremy... Was it live, telephone, or IM, or email? Just curious. At any rate, thank you for sharing your info with us.

Jay
    No prob! Thanks for helping *me* out! It was a live one-on-one session due to the introduction of Flash MX and Studio MX. The only problem was a NDA of a month. We editors didn't know this untill the conference itself. Bummer.
    If you want to know more Jay, do not hesitate to mail me on NOSPAMwanajeroen@hotmail.com
    Regards,

Jeroen