A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AVI Video

Is it possible to use an AVI video in Flash

????????????

http://www.clonefirst.com/uhaul.mpeg

resolved AVI vs. MOV

I don't think you can use AVI in flash. You can use quicktime .mov files tho, so maybe you might try and convert your AVI, MPEG or WHY to a quicktime .mov . Have a search for 'avi - mov' if you need something.

Pre mx Flash does not support playback of any native video except swf video such a swideo.com, livetronix.com or flix.

Another alternative for very high quality video and sizes compatable with Digital video would be to use simulated video which is a sequence of images on a Flash timeline.

We have a broadband demo are in the showcase section plus an example of how to integrate video with still photos. Just watch the slide show and about the sixth pic has some cool shots of video integrated with still photography

cheers

jp

Thumbs up

Naaaw!

I swear it is possible to get QT movies into flash!

Admittedly I have never done it (never had reason to) but I am 99.99999% sure it's possible!

Hi Elwin,

You can import a QT into Flash but you can not play it back within Flash. All you can do with it pretty much is re-export it as a sequence of images and then re-import those as simulated video.

Prior to mx and player6 which has a few small problems at the moment Flash could never playback video. I have seen other posts about this and I wonder who it is that started that myth.

QT AVI or whatever unless your using MX and your viewer has player 6 must be played back within their own codecs player

ie: WMP or QT or Real.