A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: display .swf without downloading from the web

Unhappy Display .swf without saving it as internet temporary file

I got a little problem here. I want to use flash on my website; however, for some security reasons, I don't want the viewer to download the flash file (while loading) on internet temporary folder in their computer.

Thank You!!!
    [Edited by iconcept on 04-06-2002 at 01:09 AM]

ActionScript.org
    You can use a backend script like ASP or PHP to pipe the file content through into the browser with noCache settings but it's still pretty easy to get around. I've not seen this succesfully done, ever.

Hi,

but you would still allow them to view your content, although they could do a movie capture?

Musicman

One method which may work would be use the _url property to check whether the movie is being run from the correct web page. If the value of _url indicates it is on your web site the movie should played. If it indicates that is being run locally or from another site an error screen should be displayed.

I really don't know how Windows can display the swf file without loading it to some temporary or user directory?

Originally posted by srollason
    One method which may work would be use the _url property to check whether the movie is being run from the correct web page. If the value of _url indicates it is on your web site the movie should played. If it indicates that is being run locally or from another site an error screen should be displayed.
    this could be possible, but they would still be able to open the .swf in notepad and view what you may not want them to see

but they would still be able to open the .swf in notepad and view what you may not want them to see
    If you do not want people to see site passwords, links etc. (the kind of stuff you can view in notepad), dont put it into the movie in the first place. Have your server take care of access controls

Musicman