A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What will i get out of learning action scripting?

What will i get out of learning action scripting?
    I am going to get a expencive cd that was recomended to me on action scripting but will it be worth it?

I would like some sort of list (like the 5 best things about action scripting) that will encourage me to get this cd.

ActionScript.org
    1. Penetration - Flash is everywhere now. Not only on PCs and Macs but supported by GameCube and PS2, XBox and Palm, and more!
    2. Interaction - Flash 5 and higher have great functions for interacting with other components like XML and server-side scripts.
    3. Light weight - You can do cool stuff with Flash easily without blowing up your file size.
    4. Great for GUIs. 'nuf said.
    5. Coolness.

I've not found many good CDs on ActionScripting. A book might be better.

okay,

i already know almost all there is to know about flash execpt the action scripting. But without action scripting my options are limited with what i can do.

You havent seen this cd cause its Australian and i have to order it from Melbourn to Perth just to get it.

The cd is good cause my multimedia Lecturer recommendeed it to me after she said we werent doing any flash action scripting just everything else(groan). Its also good cause its made by the 2 best 'tutorialists' at macromedia (its an offical cd).

Oh and I work better off cd's

Etc Etc Etc.
    [Edited by Mole (of Mole Design on 04-06-2002 at 02:21 AM]

ActionScript.org
    You havent seen this cd cause its Australian and i have to order it from Melbourn to Perth just to get it.
    I might have, considerring I live in Melbourne it's kinda likely