A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Embedding HTML in to a SWF.

Hybrid View

Hi Guys, i am doing a project where i wnat to create a non FLASH scrolling menu.

What I would like to do is embed a HTML page into my Flash movie, the page will have more than just text init, so a dynamic text box wont do, does anyone have any ideas?

Can't do it. One of those things that the guys at MM haven't helped us with ... yet. ;-)

director might be able to do it, not flash.
    Not sure exactly what you are going for, but director can embed both flash and html. You might wan to look into it.

Ah thanks alot Guys.

Im gonna create a scrolling menu in flash now, i just dont like how they look, there nbot as responsive as JavaScript ones. cheers guys!

George

Post back if you want me to send you a .fla with the scroller I use. It can't be easier to edit.

Ahh sorted mate!

That'd be well handy!

My email address is georgewkenny@tiscali.co.uk

check out my site too http://www.smartcubeinnovations.co.uk its a bit shoddy, but i am gonna do a new one, id appreciate your comments!

George!

Originally posted by bruixot
    Post back if you want me to send you a .fla with the scroller I use. It can't be easier to edit.
    Could you also send it to me please?

Thanks

mattypython@trustkill.net

It's on it's way to both of you. I hope it helps with what you need to do.

Any problems, you have my mail.

George, what do you mean the site's shoddy? It's great. Are you part of the company? or are you only doing their web? I only ask, cos I could really use some work. ;-) I'm not based in the UK anymore; moved to Spain a few years back, and it doesn't look likely I'll be heading back to the UK any time soon (got the kid to bring up). Still, keep me in mind when and if you ever fancy expanding into Europe.

You've got my mail.

Good luck with everything.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    at your site, as I was just passing through. I like the overall design, but if I could perhaps point out a couple of things I think you might want to change:

1. Put a 'Skip animation' button in the intro animation. It's great the first time, but not more than that.

2. I'm thinking that you designed the site for a 1024x768 screen, right? - If so, I guess it's OK, but really, if you're only going to hang a little of the page content over the side of an 800x600 window, scale it down a little and make it fit to the smaller size. Or perhaps you can even run two sizes, with a small JAVAScript in the index page, to tell which screen size is being used.

3. This is just picky and really nothing to do with the design, but I am a journalism grad so I notice these things. Hava a good editor run through your text - I saw some basic errors in grammar and punctuation which will not be looked on kingdly by your next big (potential) customer.

Sorry to be such a b*****d.
    Cheers
    (please feel free to take a look at our site and give it the onceover - I deserve it!)