A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Challenge Not Sure If It Can Be Done...

http://www.geocities.com/ashkan_y2a

easy!

All you have to do is make your content "frame" it's own movie clip nested within your main movie. Each frame of your content MC can be a different "page," each with Stop() action to keep it from just looping. Your navigation bar would be on the maintime line. Each navigation button would have scripting something like:

On (Release) {
    _root.myContentMC.gotoandPlay(2);
    }

This tells your content to jump to the second frame. This lets your user jump between pages of content with no added load times since your content MC is already on the main page.

I hope this helps.

Smile nice

I like your lil whirling cube buttons.

Re: easy!

Originally posted by gazoo
    All you have to do is make your content "frame" it's own movie clip nested within your main movie. Each frame of your content MC can be a different "page," each with Stop() action to keep it from just looping. Your navigation bar would be on the maintime line. Each navigation button would have scripting something like:

On (Release) {
    _root.myContentMC.gotoandPlay(2);
    }

This tells your content to jump to the second frame. This lets your user jump between pages of content with no added load times since your content MC is already on the main page.

I hope this helps.
    SOrry I don't no much actionscripting in Flash but can do graphics can you just elaborate and just go into more detail. TIA

example

I'm gonna see if I can't work up an example and email it to the site you've listed. If you're email isn't at this link, please post it and I'll send you something so you can look at the source file.

example

I've gone ahead and worked up that example. Your site's email link isn't live yet. Please post and I'll zap this off to you.