A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone got these fonts?

copperplate gothic and tw cen mt?

thanks
    gurdas

Originally posted by Trickman
    i have 6 copperplate fonts you want them?
    ah cheers, email them?

gurdas@gurdas.co.uk

thanks

Christopher Simmons

What's with you people

BUY YOUR FONTS...if you don't you're putting type designers out of business...and then where would your fonts come from?

I second that (cchs)

...and where are the moderators when we need them?

Re: What's with you people

Originally posted by cchs
    BUY YOUR FONTS...if you don't you're putting type designers out of business...and then where would your fonts come from?
    people are going to buy if they coose to do so. complaining bout it aint gonna do no good. plus i dont think any kids are gonna ask thier parents for thier credit cards to pay for some fonts. So 90% of your market are adults that are willing to go out of thier way to pay. seems to me if you wana make money then the art of fontagraphy aint to promising. As for the artistic aspect of it, if you make them and your proud use them and dont distribute. if everyone made and used thier own fonts i think it would give everyone thier own personal typeface and in my opinion that would be the most creative way to go bout it. your not playing the role of fontographer your playing the role of fontpolice and where are the moderators? for what aint no one being vulgor or dissrapectfull. I think being a fontographer you gotta except the fact that most people would rather not pay. yea its crappy but its the internet and thats just the way it is. just like with music and averyother form of software. if you can get it for free alot of people would rather go that route. im not saying its right. but i definately think its wrong to be like whats wrong with you people buy your fonts.

Christopher Simmons
    Just because you can STEAL something (and yes it IS stealing) doesn't mean you should.

If kids aren't going to ask their folks to buy them fonts, maybe they should ask them if it's ok to steal them.

I wasnt saying everyone on flashkit are kids. And yea its stealing but posting a reply in everyones sting talking bout buy your font aint gona make people repent and run to pay. some people pay some people dont . but nobody comes here to listen to the fontpreacher voice his morals on font stealing. Lay off go somewhere else with that.

the usual
    i've deleted previous posts in the thread - because quite frankly i can't be bothered to argue

"why don't you Lay off go somewhere else with that"

instead of preaching your high morals - why don't you go somewhere else and offer assistance to others, uness you have questions to ask or assistance to offer you really should not be of flashkit - !

Originally posted by cchs
    Just because you can STEAL something (and yes it IS stealing) doesn't mean you should.

If kids aren't going to ask their folks to buy them fonts, maybe they should ask them if it's ok to steal them.
    WTF, copperplate gothic is a freeware font!

please tell me how this is stealing?

If something is freeware, IT MEANS FREE

I would buy a font, but there is no point if its FREE

Do you get where im comming from?????????

What pisses me off is people trying to sell their fonts on flashkit. This is not the place and something should be done about it.

...... and secondly, i dont want people pushing their right wing ideologies on me. I do not take kindly to people telling me what, and what not to do.

the usual

WTF, copperplate gothic is a freeware font!

please tell me how this is stealing?

If something is freeware, IT MEANS FREE

I would buy a font, but there is no point if its FREE

Do you get where im comming from?????????
    thankyou! - it seems when i replied with - i have the font, they could not understand what freeware was!

Christopher Simmons

son of a preacher man

(the only one who could ever move me...)

To clarify:

1. Your copperplate may be a freeware font, but it is based on a commercial font.

2. Twentieth Century is NOT a freeware font.

3. The virtue of not stealing is not a "right wing moral" it is simply a moral.

4. Regarding your admonition, "Instead of preaching your high morals - why don't you go somewhere else and offer assistance to others" I believe I was offering assistance. I was attempting to assist the design profession at large by introducing the notion that designers (even type designers) be rewarded for their work. I don't know what you do for a living, but I'm sure you wouldn't do it for free...

Ive done a lot of things for free. (and still make plenty of money)

sheesh whats up with this font warez issue?! i didnt even know there was one i formatted my machine and i forgot to backup my fonts, so i was screwed. i have never payed for any fonts because the fonts i have are from free font sites so i am not stealing anything. i remember a long time back i downloaded the free adobe type manager thingy, and it came with lots of fonts, including copperplate. i just noticed that on my other computers i have the tw cen font and the copperplate so i could have got it from them.

cchs lighten up, there isnt an issue here.
    just on a note, cchs, dont tell me you have never downloaded an mp3?

Christopher Simmons

Issues

<sigh>

This is getting out of hand. My point is simply this: if a designer wants to make his/her fonts available for free, that's their buisness. If, on the other hand, they do not want them made available for free but someone posts them to a warez site (or someone posts a message on Flashkit asking members to send those fonts) then there is an issue of professional ethics.

All I am trying to do is raise the consciousness of the flash community a little. Type is design. It is the result of someone's creative effort. Flashkit exists to serve the creative community; it is a shame when it is used to exploit talent rather than reward it.

And to answer your question, no, I have never downloaded an mp3.

Peace.

the usual

Re: son of a preacher man

as i was aware you were offering a perfectly reasonable statement to the wrong thread - bringing up the issue of warez, i respect those who create fonts and programs and release them freeware as they are offering a good option for beginners to get into design, and i am sure that your assistance would be appreciated in a thread where people are not aware of the of the effort that people put into providing such a service.

and currently i am on a design course - with the intention of making money, and i will happily use anything freeware to aid my progress. as i am sure most other people would do!

thankyou and goodnight

fontfreaks

hey, everybody, send larabie a buck when you get a chance.
    when's the last time you gave a little back?
    ; )) i don't know him but i've used many of his fonts.
    jenn

the usual

Re: fontfreaks

Originally posted by dizcofly
    hey, everybody, send larabie a buck when you get a chance.
    when's the last time you gave a little back?
    ; )) i don't know him but i've used many of his fonts.
    jenn
    i don't know who larabie is, but what i do know is that i have helped quite few people out in the forums

Re: Re: What's with you people

Originally posted by grief

I think being a fontographer you gotta except the fact that most people would rather not pay. yea its crappy but its the internet and thats just the way it is. just like with music and averyother form of software. if you can get it for free alot of people would rather go that route. im not saying its right. but i definately think its wrong to be like whats wrong with you people buy your fonts.
    You are so ignorant and I don't think you even see how you contradict yourself........... I say this mainly because you ARE "saying" it's right to just distribute someone's hard work for free (anyone who can read sees that) by stating : "That's just the way it is".

And finally............

"people are going to buy if they coose to do so"

Normally people buy something if they need it and its not free, the way you go about or say people go about, is called : STEALING.

Stop hiding behind your damn computer and apply the rules that are in effect on real life, to the internet... I know its a real challenge because there aren't any "physical authorities" like we have in the real world". But I guess that's when wee see the true nature of people .............. right Grief?