A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: !!!!!Desperately need help on my 2d fighting fla AI. Please ppl!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok,

I really need help on this. I have a 2d flashmx dragonballz fighting game which is almost finished and in my eyes it's looking amazing. I just need to finish up the enemies .fla.
    I obviously I don't have a clue what the script looks like. So i desperately need help as soon as possible plz!!!!
    Can anyone do it for me? Plz!!!!!!!!!!!! I beg you. It won't be a lot of work. Tomsamson was working on it buyt seeing as he has dissapeard i need some1 new to help me. PLZ!!!!!!!!!
    Or can someone plz submit a good working script.
    I was thinking on a x and y based AI and action based. So when the space between two fighters is a certain distance the computer either attacks, moves closer or those nothing. When he attacks he'll hav 5 moves to choose from for each distance between fighters. 4 distance sets in total (very close, close, normal, far or less if you want) . To keep it easy the names of the attacks will just be:

attack1
    attack2
    attack3
    attack20

I'll also need a code for the move closer action. Something like x + 5 right?

Also i need a defence script (action based) for when the player attacks. If he attacks there will be 4 choices: either stand still and let him hit you, block, move away from the opponent or counter attck.
    Block, move away from the opponent and do nothing will probably be easy. There will be 5 counter attacks:

Counterattack1
    Counterattack2
    Counterattack5

Ok that is all i think. Oh almost forgot:

I would love to have a detailed explanation with the script if possible and a explanation were to put the script in my movie. My good guys' name is character, bad guys name is enemy. Could u plz also post the script for which move is which number and were to paste it if you use a random number choosing for the AI? Like attack1 = 1, attack2 = 2 etc. Random(1-5) go to and play etc.
    Was that even close to something which works?????????????

Plz ppl, i really need this script or the help. PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im extremely desperate ((((((((

Thanx,
    Reinier

PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
    My game is almost done
    Off course you'll get amazing credit for helping me!!!

Is there a reason why you won't attempt to do it yourself, or at least learn step by step?

And why is it teenage boys are so into Dragon ball z?

Unhappy

I'm trying to make a game just like that only with nintendo characters. I'm having trouble with the same exact thing. If you find out how to, please tell me.

Dragonballz is just cool, i like it, and dragonballz was made for teenage kids, dragonball for kiddies, dragonballgt for teenagekids as well.
    Anyway, i dont have a clue on how to start on this. Do you know? how can i do this step by step if i dont know how and where to start?

thanx,
    Reinier

Dragonballz is just cool, i like it, and dragonballz was made for teenage kids, dragonball for kiddies, dragonballgt for teenagekids as well.
    Anyway, i dont have a clue on how to start on this. Do you know? how can i do this step by step if i dont know how and where to start?

thanx,
    Reinier

resolved

we got it the first time ya know

I think you should try it yourself to. How can you say it's not much work...making kewl flash games IS a lot of work!

anywayz I suggest you use a lot of -if- actions to set up your "AI". That should work...