A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: using GOTO to go to a specific SCENE

When the pointer gets to a point in the timeline, I want it to go to a different Scene. I am also trying to do the same thing with a button so when its clicked, it will go to a certain Scene. I have no problems going to a certain frame but Scenes will not work.

Common sence says that when i choose GOTO, the boxes at the bottom say <current scene>, and frame number. I try typing the name of the scene i want to go to EXACIALLY how i have the scene named in place of the <current scene> and it still dosent work. what am i not doing correctly?
    Greg

Try editing the actions in Normal mode...you're using flash 5 right? on the right of your actions box there is an arrow i believe...just click it and select normal mode...then you'll be able to select the scene from a drop down menu.

I am in normal mode and using Flash 5. I could have swore that i had seen dropdown arrow for selecting a scene before but now that i am trying to do soemthing with it, i dont see it! Any idea why?
    Greg

try this

there is a small white arrow in the lower left corner of the actions box...click it

Re: try this

LOWER RIGHT CORNER - sorry

geeze, i just found it. i know just where the arrow is suppose to be. I had to stretch the actions window out for it to be seen! whatever! :-)
    Greg

Wooo-Hooo!

haha, that's good! cya