A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are Canadians proud to be Canadian?

Originally posted by Visionray
    lol. Yea the problem is they still think its cool. The U.S. has moved on.

heh, greatest post ever?

ditto VR.

sheesh. people are so damn sensitive now. some of my family lives in Canada.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by Visionray
    No it's just funny, it's like the 5000th time I've seen it posted on a message board over the course of three years. Are you guys required to carry this list around like an ID card?

It's also funny because it's not just a list of Canadian accomplishments, but most of it is directed in reference being "better than the US" in this or that. Thats why to many people it appears like a cry for attention. I don't know maybe that's just me. No need to get all 'rolleyed' on me.
    This is the first time I've seen this post on this message board. In fact this is the first time I've seen it ever.

Also I don't think it's "a better than Americans thread", unless you purposely try and interpret it that way. So a Canadian invented basketball, how is that different from saying "a Russian invented rugby" (may not be accurate)?

Chocolate bars, sports, actors, if anything (again IF ANYTHING) this is simply gentle ribbing, and you can't say the US doesn't do the same back at Canadians (ex: I've lived in Canada for my entire life and never met anyone who said "eh?" at the end of each sentence, yet whenever a Canadian is seen on TV they always say "eh?" or mounties are always depicted as wwearing red with big brimmed hats when in fact that is only worn in ceremonies, all other times they wear blue and black)

Again in regards to "better than the US" I think the US has their own "better than the rest of the world" attitude painted all over themselves (For the record, IMO, the US is probably one of the best places in the world to live) and this post just tries to show Canada ain't that bad either.

dude.

calm down.

what the **** is up with this board all of a sudden? too much sensitivity and misunderstanding going about.

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    gerbick, will you join my hug?

Originally posted by pooon
    gerbick, will you join my hug?

?

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    Ouch. Frankly I just don't care enough to get involved.

Originally posted by flipshark
    This is the first time I've seen this post on this message board. In fact this is the first time I've seen it ever.

Also I don't think it's "a better than Americans thread", unless you purposely try and interpret it that way. So a Canadian invented basketball, how is that different from saying "a Russian invented rugby" (may not be accurate)?

Chocolate bars, sports, actors, if anything (again IF ANYTHING) this is simply gentle ribbing, and you can't say the US doesn't do the same back at Canadians (ex: I've lived in Canada for my entire life and never met anyone who said "eh?" at the end of each sentence, yet whenever a Canadian is seen on TV they always say "eh?" or mounties are always depicted as wwearing red with big brimmed hats when in fact that is only worn in ceremonies, all other times they wear blue and black)

Again in regards to "better than the US" I think the US has their own "better than the rest of the world" attitude painted all over themselves (For the record, IMO, the US is probably one of the best places in the world to live) and this post just tries to show Canada ain't that bad either.
    Honestly man, it's really not that big of a deal. I'm not offended by this or anything, I just believe lists like these are cries for attention, regardless of which country it is coming from. If you read the list, you can see many references to America, so I don't think I should have to explain my reasoning there.

Cmon, no reason to fight. I mean, you guys are figuratively the 51st state anyways and you exist by freeriding under the U.S. defense umbrella, so we're practically brothers right?

that was a joke. I hope you Canadians can take it as well as you dish it. eh? Seriously, I do like Canada a lot. I've been to Montreal 3 times, Toronto once, and Vancouver when I was little. Had a great time every time.

Originally posted by onlinegs.com
    Well, from what I can tell, the state would be Massachusetts
    Chalk one up for the clif man.

8==========8
    Originally posted by lafunk
    20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
    And this is an insult to... whole other countries or just a few states in the U.S.?

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by gerbick
    dude.
    calm down.
    what the **** is up with this board all of a sudden? too much sensitivity and misunderstanding going about.
    Gerbs, since you've never met me and posts don't truly relay the tone of the poster, you'll have to trust me when I say I'm completely calm. Maybe some smilies will help or or

I'll quickly explain my posts:
    #1 (the rolleyes one), that was just a sarcastic "yeah right" post. As in the "yeah right all canadians have this list", and "yeah right americans don't do the same". It was meant to be a lighthearted comment, although I'm gathering the rolleyes online must be like giving someone the finger offline.. but I promise it was not meant to offend.

#2 This post was just a post in response to me thinking visionray was offended, I didn't think the original post was a "better than American post" just because it talks about American loses 200 years ago. But I gathered he did, anyway.

Anyway, for the record no offense was taken and I hope I didn't offend anyone else (and if I did I'm sorry ).

deal, flipshark. next time I'm in Montreal, first round is on you

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    Umm....why have I always read that Basketball was invented in a YMCA in Massachusetts? (not exactly sure of the state)
    yeah, i was thrown off by that as well. naismith did invent bball at a YMCA in massachusetts, but apparently he grew up in canada. but i will never go as far as saying it's a canadian sport - they've got hockey, and that's good enough...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book