A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are Canadians proud to be Canadian?

Originally posted by nordberg
    Originally posted by lafunk
    7. Basketball is Canadian
    woah, what? as someone from indiana, i was offended by your claim - but then i looked up nesmiths biography, and found that it's TRUE!!!!!

James Naismith was a presbyterian minister of Scottish descent and Canadian upbringings. He invented basketball, or a very different look-a-like game, to entertain a majority of rugby and football players during the winter season.
    Ah! The Scots rule! Such a small country but such great inventors.

eating 5 batteries
    i think they should make a candian flag as one of the icons for posts

Originally posted by label
    LMAO!! Hahahaha. That is so funny!! "We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on."
    lol. Yea the problem is they still think its cool. The U.S. has moved on.

Bleh Humbug!
    And what is the Canadian tax rate?

It's too much and if I get the chance to become an American Im going to take it.

[/quote]uuhhh, and we own the US in hockey!!
    gooo Team Canada![/quote]

That's why we just tied the playoffs with you, but you're beating us...

It's not over till it's over.

Also, I noticed all of a sudden, the canadians are playing dirty against my favorite and home team, the Flyers.

When was it okay to punch the other team member in the back of the head, then have 2 others help jump on him?

Keep thinking that you will win...

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by Synopsis
    What the f**k is Crispy Crunch/Coffee Crisp
    crispy crunch is actually a really good chocolate bar (IMO) it's basically crispy flaky peanut butter covered with milk chocolate.

Coffee crisp (I hate coffee) is a wafer bar covered with chocolate flavored like coffee.

Re: that canadian list .. um... thing

Originally posted by smooks
    the fact that most canadians judge how great it is to be canadian by how we can claim heir to popular american pass times and products. Very LITTLE of what we hold dear to Canadian "culture" was funded, believed in or supported by Canada or Canadians until OTHER countries TOLD us it was cool.
    LOL. ironically true. talk about an inferiority complex en masse. I like how all of the McDonalds in Canada have a little maple leaf planted on the golden arches to appeal to some apparent need to feel ownership?!

Originally posted by madgoat253
    americans get drunk from smelling our beer
    as a german beer drinker mostly, I must say that they have the lock on good beer. all others taste watered down to me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

We're [Canadians] also pretty close to decriminalizing marijuana!

But seriously though, I wonder how long it will be until the U.S. is overpopulated, polluted, or runs out of some major natural resource and notices this big, beautiful, clean country above them with a military who's submarines tour an indoor lake at West Edmonton Mall.

Originally posted by connelb
    We're [Canadians] also pretty close to decriminalizing marijuana!
    tee hee. definitely way ahead of us on that one!

But seriously though, I wonder how long it will be until the U.S. is overpopulated, polluted, or runs out of some major natural resource and notices this big, beautiful, clean country above them with a military who's submarines tour an indoor lake at West Edmonton Mall.
    we already noticed. you're 'plan b'.

Um, you know... its going to be a long time until the US is overpopulated when we have an average family size of 3.5 people including parents...o wait...that meens we are at a negative population growth...not positive (Immigration off-sets this some, but it still will be a long time till we are any where close to your "overpopulated"). In fact GM has already came out with hydrogen cars

Um, we are REDUCING are polution, Mr. Bushy in fact devoted a couple million to Hydrogen research alone (probably one of the few things I applaud Bush on). One of the most poluted states, California has been doing a really good job at cleaning up its air, they have enacted countless laws and greatly strickten emissions standards.

Run out of what natural resource...um I just told you that we are preparing to make the jump to H fule for are cars(will probably be another 20 years) which greatly reduces are demand for fossile fules. We have some of the largest fresh-water reserves in the world, and if worse comes to worse we have plenty of oceans we can desalinate. We still have huge untapped mineral reserves (over $2 trillion (maybe billion, but I think trillion) in Molydenum alone), and most ores can easily be imported, not to mention we recycle many consumer metals. Gold and Silver are two ores that we don't have a lot left of, but they are mostly luxory ores, and are not 'required'.

You guys are making steps to "legalizing marjuana", well we are making steps to ban smoking, Califronia and NYC have already banned smoking in everyplace but your home (and probably a few "designated smoking areas")...this greatly reduces second-hand smoke which will help increase life expectancy rates even more. I hope you guys don't legalize Pot, or else we will have to monitor that border as well for smuglers.

Oh, yea...and we put our submarines in the ocean where they are usefull.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

thank you onlinegs.com! well put.

i hope people realized i was being sarcastic when i wrote: "tee hee. definitely way ahead of us on that one!"

Why do Canadians feel it necessary to post this retarded list all over the net??? So annoying.

it's a cry for attention, perhaps?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by nordberg
    woah, what? as someone from indiana, i was offended by your claim - but then i looked up nesmiths biography, and found that it's TRUE!!!!!

ok, canadians rule. enjoy it, you'll be annexed into the us soon enought
    Umm....why have I always read that Basketball was invented in a YMCA in Massachusetts? (not exactly sure of the state)

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by Visionray
    Why do Canadians feel it necessary to post this retarded list all over the net??? So annoying.
    Originally posted by gerbick
    it's a cry for attention, perhaps?
    Oh yeah, and I'm sure if I looked for a pro US website or a website full of American accomplishments, I'd be really hard pressed to find one

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    Can't we all just hug

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    Umm....why have I always read that Basketball was invented in a YMCA in Massachusetts? (not exactly sure of the state)
    Well, from what I can tell, the state would be Massachusetts
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

Originally posted by flipshark
    Oh yeah, and I'm sure if I looked for a pro US website or a website full of American accomplishments, I'd be really hard pressed to find one
    No it's just funny, it's like the 5000th time I've seen it posted on a message board over the course of three years. Are you guys required to carry this list around like an ID card?

It's also funny because it's not just a list of Canadian accomplishments, but most of it is directed in reference being "better than the US" in this or that. Thats why to many people it appears like a cry for attention. I don't know maybe that's just me. No need to get all 'rolleyed' on me.