A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Timeline editing

If I add a new timeline to my movie will it replace the original timeline?

I have just recently learned how to use the timeline to my advantage (See my banner below). Now I know how to time events properly and make things work when I want them to.

What would be even better is if it were possible to drag and drop the timeline objects.

For eg:

I have a SHOW event that I want to begin while another item's SHOW event is taking place. Now, I know how to use the DELAY number to make it happen at that time BUT it would be AWESOME if all I had to do would be to drag the timeline reference to the specific point.

Am I alone on this?

Thanks for the post.

We're looking at doing some work on the timeline for the next release, but it will be a matter of weighing up getting v3.6 out, or new features.

Its a great suggestion, though - no doubt it will be in there at some stage.

Thanks

Oh, by the way - terrific banner. would you consider submitting the swf to support@insanetools.com so we can put it in our gallery?

regards

Thanks for the compliment...

If you click the banner and go to my website, visit my links page, you can get the code for the banner at the bottom.

This way you don't have to take up space on your server and you can display it on your site.

I already have a link to your site there.

[Edited by dniezby on 05-02-2002 at 09:40 AM]