A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XenSoft FlashNetwork

Ok, almost ready for the next version... I got a network search working (Works with a UDP broadcast), and I set it up to assign a username...

New commands:
    SWF_NAME - Provide the name of the movie, used to match when searching for hosts (Hosts only respond if the client has the same name as them)
    SWF_REQUIREDVERSION - Tell XSFN what version your movie needs... If XSFN is too old, it'll trigger an OldVersion event.
    SWF_DEFAULTUSERNAME - If the user doesn't pick a name, automatically assign this until he/she changes it.
    SWF_AUTHOR, SWF_CREATIONDATE - Will be used in future versions

New events:
    OldVersion - XSFN version is lower than the one you specified with SWF_REQUIREDVERSION
    Connect - Triggered when XSFN connects... Same as NetStateChange with netstate = 4... Just makes it more understandable...
    Disconnect - Same as NetStateChange with netstate = 0...

So before I release a new version... Anyone else have any other variables, commands, events, etc they want added?

(Still working on transparency, but I don't have it working yet)

Originally posted by Xentor

So before I release a new version... Anyone else have any other variables, commands, events, etc they want added?

(Still working on transparency, but I don't have it working yet)
    Could you make it, so more then 2 players can play same game, please

Aaany chance of it being ported to mac?

Sorry for the delay... Quick week in Alaska to visit my girlfriend... Don't ask...

Anyway, version 0.2.2 is online... The local network search is working and tested somewhat, but I'm sure there'll be problems (Always are when networking is concerned)...

tonypa, that's definitely on the to-do list, but it's going to make it a lot more complicated, and I want to make sure I can get it working with 2 players before I add more... I'm also not sure whether to try to incorporate multi-connection hosting into XSFN itself, or make a seperate server version (Which could be run in an NT webserver if done right)...

siriusss - Not too likely... The language I'm using doesn't support macintosh, and on top of that, I have no experience writing for them.

So ANYWAY... XenSoft FlashNetwork v0.2.2... Check it out...

awesome idea xentor! I've used vb to create peer-to-peer connections n flash before, but you took it 10 steps further

really, really cool.

-matt