A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Velocity and Remove Object Event

I'm working on a short movie (actually to use within a powerpoint presentation) that uses title texts with velocity set that fade out using a remove with transition event. The movie works well within the preview window; however, when exported the titles move across the screen but are reset to execute the remove event. Is having velocity incompatible with subsequent events?

Originally posted by 4crafts
    I'm working on a short movie (actually to use within a powerpoint presentation) that uses title texts with velocity set that fade out using a remove with transition event. The movie works well within the preview window; however, when exported the titles move across the screen but are reset to execute the remove event. Is having velocity incompatible with subsequent events?
    Make sure your not looping..... I've done that before. and make sure your timing doesn't overlap, in other words be sure that the each event is finished before another is called.

If this is not the case I'd say you've found a bug and should send it in to support..

I just got back from an antique auction, and bought a 50 year old bottle of whiskey(it was un-opened), so anything I say at this point should be taken with at least a small grain of salt.

With that said.............

If I understand you correctly, you have text, which is set to move initially(on its own, using a set velocity/acceleration). Then at some point you are hiding the text(which is currently in motion).

If what I have said above is the case, then I just tested it, and it will work inside of 3dfa, but not when exported(probably a limitation of the plug-in). To work around this, you will need to use some keyframes and actions.

Take the hide event you have already and make note of what it is doing, then get rid of it, add a keyframe where you want this to take place and in that keyframe(advanced interface)use actions to accomplish the same effect(set fade/scale/rotation/etc rates) to match what you have already. If you set it to scale down, once it goes below '0', it will turn around and scale back up, so you may also want to give an action that checks its current scale, and add an 'if' statement, so when it goes below '0' on the scale% you can remove it.

If you have other things happening after this, you will need to cut and paste them either into that keyframe or a later one, or they won't happen.

The alternative is to determine where you want it to land and hide, and set your speed and direction so that it will land in that spot at that time. This could obviously get real diffucult and lead to migrine headaches, etc. ........

I hope all this makes sense........

-Jason

Thanks, Jason. Doing it in keyframes was a nice work-around. It seems, though, like it may be a bug in the program.