A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help using buttons

Best Bassist Ever
    Ok, this is the third post I've had. I still can't seem to get this to work. I have a movie. I want the movie to play and it'll stop on the last frame. Then on that frame I'll have buttons. When the mouse scrolls over one of these buttons I want some menua to appear. I've seen this done many times, but I just can't figure it out. If anybody can help, I would appreciate it.

I'm not sure on what the actual question is here.

For the movie to stop in it's last frame, include a stop(); command in the last keyframe.

As for the menus that appear when the mouse moves over the buttons. You should develop the menus as movieclips. And use a tellTarget action for the buttons to start playing the movieclip.

Well, this would be what I'd do for this. If you need more specific help, post back.

Best Bassist Ever
    Ok, I am extremley new at flash. So how do I do what you just told me to? The way I've been trying is by making the rollover menus in a different scence. Then doing something like Onrollover
    gotoandstop scene2 frame1

And it hasnt been working. So if you could explain to me what your plan is, I'd appreciate it.