A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: exporting eps images

Hybrid View

just a quick question - when you export a flash image as an eps 3.0 file (i use flash 5), does it save it in cmyk or rgb mode? when i import it into photoshop, the rasterize dialogue defaults to cmyk mode, but other than that, i have no way of telling what mode it's in (flash is the only vector graphics program i have).

More than likely RGB ... thats the default for the colour palatte in Flash.

It would be Photoshop (or any another app) that would default it to CMYK. EPS being a print medium would automatically deafault to a print set up.

To revert back to RGB in pS Image-Mode-RGB

im still a little confused. to clarify, i want to save my flash image as an .eps file in cmyk mode, and i dont need to bring it into photoshop for further editing. as megatoon said, eps automatically defaults to a print set-up, so can i safely assume that my .eps file is in cmyk mode? or is garbage correct in saying that it saves it as rgb because flash uses that as its default palette?

Save the image from Flash, them open it in Photoshop. Photoshop won't change the colour palatte for the file without asking you first (it won't "default" to a CMYK palatte just because EPS is a print-based file extension ... and even if it did it would ask if it was OK to perform the conversion), so just open your saved EPS in Photoshop and check the palatte. That should answer the question of whether it is RGB or CMYK.