A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need an animation project?

Greetings, My name is Sakuma, Sobra and I represent an ameteur production company. We are a small band of writer's, artist's, voice actor's, musicians, and more who are currently producing a not for profit fan created production of a popular Japanese anime. To the onlooker, we may seem like a very unorthadox and crazy group of people with big dreams but I assure you our goals and ambitions are well matched with our drive and desire to excel. These important qualities as well as this company's need to succeed is what brings me here today. We are in serious need of flash animator's who admitedly we need to be sympathetic to our cause. I understand that aniamtion takes a great deal of time and effort but I would also submit to the reader that our potential for success is very good considering the growing size of our staff and interest among anime fan's. Our future goal is to produce series and movies of our own creation and design for the purpose of turning a profit. Now granted these are long term goals and probably are not going to be realistic for another year or so. However, for the seriously interested animator who thrives on the need to express and create, the long ride with us could hold the potential for a future success in the animation and production industry. At the very least, I invite you to check out our website at http://digifanime.cjb.net and take a look at who we are. If you have drive and a vision for the future, I can gurantee you will find a great place to express that among us. If you are interested in being on our animation staff I also invite you to reply to this posting and/or email me at Sobramon@hotmail.com, or by filling out our application form and I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this posting. I appologize for the length, and also appologize if this type of message is unappropriate for this forum and ask the administration to please inform if so. Just trying to get the word out. Again thank you and have a nice day!

Sakuma, Sobra-San
    Digital Fanime Productions.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    taken from your website

"Arts & Visual Production

These are our Artists. They bring the characters of the story to life through means of visual presentation. They are also responsible for creating the animation effects that will piece the fanime together. As talented as they are, their contributions are among many to the fanime.

LadyMeowth (Head)
    Niuko (Head)
    Yume Ryuu
    Sarah Clark
    Epsidon
    Andy Mason "

by the looks of it u have quite alot of animators already.... flash isn't that hard to learn though there is a thin line between a drawer and an animator... though u already have a big list of people to help.. i'm thinking how are u al ging to coordinate it etc...

By the looks of it you already have a full team of animators. I'd join if it were an original production but because I'm not keen on doing spin offs of anything I'd rather not.

It seems your well organized and the site looks nice. I wish you luck on the project

Art and Animation?

Greeting's, I certainly appreciate the attention given to our website and organization methods. The list that has been viewed on our website should probably be explained a bit. The art and animation department, which it is now called was merged six months ago. We decided to label both groups of people under the Art staff rather than create a new team of people. Seeing as artist's and animator's do work together, it is logical to put them under the same listing in this circumstance. While there is a very fine line between people who draw and people who animate sometimes, does it not hold true that you are all still artist's? I do appologize for the misconception that we have a stocked animation team when the oppocite is true.

A good point was made however, and it is one I would also like to address for a moment. It was said that flash is easily learned and I have been told this myself time and again. At the very least if we could find one person or a few people to train the artist's and help teach them how to animate it would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, thanks for the compliment on the site. We are doing a "spinoff" I suppose but the one difference between our spinoff and most is that our manner is a lot more profesional and our standard's are high. It is understandible that a person would not wish to jump on a bandwagon that has no gurantee, other than it's word, of success. One day though we will be doing our own original works and the ground gained now in these early stages of our development are curcial in shaping a growing company.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    chris has a good point... instead of making a digimon spinoff why not make a totally new story? i mean if u really ever want to make money then u actually have to start from scratch... and i really mean from scratch.. i don't think dementia (or any other artist) would become so big by copying someone elses work... it's like a piet mondriaan painting... sure it's easy to make (copy), but u didn't come up with it.

as for learning flash, pick up a copy try some stuff and come here for help, it's what the site is about..

u got some interesting stuff going on... but the last time i actually was interested in something it was because i really thought it was something that would be finished... as it turns out i had 1 or 2 quick chats with the other guy.. havn't spoken to him since...

made some art for nothing but that's besides the issue the issue is there has to be some garantue.. and for what it's worth gathering such a big team is something of a garantue but becoming a company (because i don't really think u are a company) involves alot more then gathering people... it's about having an idea....

just take any big coorporation hell take IBM... their idea was to make inovative technology, it didn't really start out as a money making company, now it's one of the biggest hardware manufacturers of the world.

i really like your idea and all but try to create some style wich is your own, (or don't i mean i'm not here order you guys around )

perhaps if u have your own idea maybe the interested come by themselfs (maybe i'm even interested by then )

but for the moment i don't really think it's something for me. i'm not much of a digimon/pokemon/tamegotchi/etc.. fan

An Idea.

Very good point's indeed. However, don't underestimate our brain's. For one I wouldn't be searching for profesionals, did I not believe in what it is that we wish to accomplish. I am not the type of person nor is anyone involved in my group the type of person to do things without a reason or without it serving some kind of future purpose. The research involved when deciding to take on the project we are doing now was tedious and to a certain degree yes it could be argued that in doing something of this nature we are unoriginal. Is it the only thing we have on our plates? Absolutelly not, I wouldn't waste people's time if all we wished to do were create a moving fan fiction. Everything is a means to an end, in this case the project we are doing not only gives us a chance to learn as beginners but to establish ourselves in set way's and techniqes. Even now a mapped out business plan for the future is being drawn, the ideas and creation of future production's are being formulated and written on paper. We do have an idea, and a vision and believe me hehe it isn't to be a fan fiction and fan art loy key group. To those who may wonder by the way, we're not going anywhere as far as disappearing goes. I don't bring people together only to see them disband. I've been waiting to post to this board for just that reason, I wanted to make sure we were ready for the exposure and ready for promotion. This group is ready for all of that and involved in it or not, I really can't wait to show that fact off in the future. I have good feeling's about every bit of it. I appreciate all of this content though, you folks are very informative, critical, and to the point. The opinions are much appreciated.

and if it's non-profit, we could just have CAP!!

Could someone let me in on what this CAP thing is? I've heard it mentioned before but I never understood what it was.

And Sobra, when you do decide to make an original production and if your still in need of animators etc, then make sure you give us another shout. Also, when (not if ) you finish this current project then be sure to post here and let us all know. I'd like to see the end product!

FK's Official A&A Addict
    good point trizkut...

anyway sobrasan i can understand u wanting to learn, however after i tried to get the cap running (Community anime/animation/art project) it was pretty obvious that people where busy. It would require a huge incentive for them (or me ) to participate... and i don't think fanfiction at this point is such an incentive... (regardless of any plans in the future)

but as i said just pick up a copy of flash, tinker a bit with it andif u have problems we are glad to help u

As far as I know CAP means Community Anime/animation Project, which is open to all members of Flashkit.com, who willing to contribute their skill to make an animation probably anime using flash program. I kinda like CAP but dunno whether I have enough skill, time, and animating know-how to make it possible. Maybe time will tell...

FK's Official A&A Addict
    cap is essentially a learning experience.... everyone can join no matter what your skill is, it's for u to learn from. Noone has to less "know-how" to join cap

Okay, so now I know what this CAP thing is, where abouts is it. Is there a website and has CAP produced anything in the past? And how do I join it?
    [Edited by chrisvo69er on 05-06-2002 at 09:54 AM]

official system error
    Hi Sakuma, u guys have a nice site, and good ideas.
    Drawings are nice too.
    What u need is a flash animator? I assure u flash isn't that difficult, just do the tutorial inside the program and u'll learn more than a half u need to know to do simple animations.

I'd like to help u, but I don't know how much time it requires!
    Can u be more specific?
    I'll be glad to hear more about that!

It sounds strange to me that u are all that people and no one of you dunno how to use flash

Once for all CAP = community animation project

Ah, Sakuma, when u write use the enter key, sometime it's useful, and at least I won't lose my eyes on your message trying to follow the right line (this means: "use paragraphs!" )

anyone that was around during the first CAP will remember how many people offered there skills...
    how much talk went on about ideas...
    how it all seemed like it was gonna happen and be really cool...
    and then how nothing happened!
    i dont think a proper CAP will ever happen really....

official system error
    Originally posted by xup878
    ...and then how nothing happened!
    i dont think a proper CAP will ever happen really....
    yeah, I must sadly agree...

everyone's too busy (me too of course) + organization difficulties + misunderstandings + difficulty in choosing subject, drawings, animations etc. + we can't physically meet makes CAP a hard proof...

I'd love to make something, I must say that CAP always made me dream and wonder, but who's really not that busy or lazy to start a REAL project?

I mean, u must put yourself into it...

Will we show that we *CAN* do it one day?

That would be great

-edit-

...and yeah Xup I remember about the first CAP... *ah* good old days!

my first post here in A&A was about making a project just for fun...it didn't work though. I'm workin on it on my own now, and with time I will have something real to show u guys, but I'm kinda busy with other things now.

I think, and I've experienced it, community projects don't work too well, specially when there's no money involved.

I hope you have luck with your project and finish it Sakuma. And try to learn flash, is not difficult at all. I think also, that you should turn this into a huge project, the more people you have collaborating, the more difficult it is to organize them, and when too many people give ideas, no one agrees, and at the end you finish doing nothing.

Re:

You guy's are all very encourageing when it comes to feeling good about things. To be honest, I expected to be laughed at the first time I ventured into this kind of a forum but am surprised and glad to see the criticism mixed with compliment's. It does me good to know that the idea's we've been playing with are't far fetched, just risky.

In reply to a couple of afore mentioned post's, we are being compared to something that never happened. The reason's for this were probably some of the same reason's we are moving at a slow pace ourselves. This side of the production requires more work than the other's, more time, and more sacrifice. We have been around for a year and a half now and have already had to deal with the discouragement of such set backs. We have overcome them nicely, which I hope is a good looking attribute in our favor.

I'd also like to point out a few thing's personally about my role in all of this. When you say to open up flash and play around, it's not my tool to learn. I do good to keep my head in ever one of our department's making sure things are running smoothly, that's why someone to teach would be a good thing. Asside from that, where the animation is concerned having already experienced and knowledgible people would be an invalueable resource.

We are organized folks, and I assure you our plans are set firmly in the stone of foundation I myself poured. We have good people on our staff and I know we are capable of a great future. So, please keep an eye on us and if you should change your mind's about wanting to take a chance on us, we'll be here.

Oh and yes, I'm going to stick around the board and keep people up to date if they wish to be informed. Plus I'm sure this current thread isn't going to die just yet hehe.

Re: Argonauta

Sorry for the quick recap guys, but I wanted to reply to argonauta's post. Beside's it's been asked before and it is something I meant to go into more detail about. So, in short here is a basic rundown of our groups organization. (I applogize but this really IS the short version LOL)

Digital Fanime Productions (DFP) is set up in a community type atmosphere for many reasons the most important of which being that the more people you have the more work and production you get done and due to limited time and resources, more is better. The next reason, has always been for my soul benefit, trust. Being involved with people build's a trust and a collective that truly reeps as many benefit's as the actual production's themselves.

The more people you have, over a world wide work area, the harder they are to organize? Maybe back in the days of 14.4K modem speed's but even then times were changing and people were beginning to see the evolution of technology. Online, offline, on mars, the same shall ALWAYS hold true that good organizational methods, combined with good leadership and a vision shall always make the "Team" oriented enviornment a success over again.

In the DFP we don't leave room for those harsh disagreement's that have been mentioned coming up. We settle and deal with those types of things before they ever have a chance to flare up. Our group is comprised of four main department's: Art/Animation, Writing, Voice/Audio, and Music. I won't go into the non production setup, unless asked to, but these are the main production teams.

When this first started, we were three people or four, who had a dream of producing our own works of animation, which started with a desire to create what we are currently working on. Our bigger desire though, is to (dare I say it) change the way some entertainment is done, not to critcize big corperations because obvioulsy they are there and we are not, but they don't know how to properly use the resoufce of the internet at their disposal. Plus, how often does something that touches our heart and soul enugh to make us want to see it a million times come about? I tell you, not as oftne as it COULD.

Now, a year later that small band is still small but growing. Not only growing, but gaining speed. We are a staff of nearly 30 and yes all of us are actively participating in what's going on. Each of our department's has a "Department Head." this person oversees the operatiosn and work of the people on that team.

The way things are run goes from this trend. We have four department heads (Myself doing the music overseeing for the moment). These four people are on what we call the "Founding Staff." and it is this staff who oversee's the running of the production side of things. Also on this founding staff, is the domain webmaster, public/fan relations, and eventually a sale's head. With a set up like this one would assume we vote on issues, and have hangups on things but it's quite the contrary.

At the top of the founding staff, is the President (myself) and Vice President of the company (yes I will insist on calling us a company). One oversee's as a director the production side of DFP while the other act's as the leader of all business and non production related fronts. Together, these two make all final descissons regarding the direction with which this group moves, the President's descissons being final.

No vote? That's not fair! I have time and time again brought this issue up at meeting's and everyone trust's my judgement call's. Besides, what kind of a leader would I be if I didn't allow the opinions and recomendations of my staff to help me shape my descissons?

As for conflict's among the staff's concerning idea's and direction's here is how we take care of that. The DFP work's on a strictly "Keep your nose in your own department" basis to say it bluntly and briefly. What this mean's is the artists don't tell the voice actor's how to talk, and the writer's don't tell the artist's how to draw. That's why we have department heads who relay suggestions given to them to the rest of the founding staff, and to me. It's a system that really does work out quite well.

So, there you hae it. I hope some of it didn't sound to egotistical or far fetched hehe but it's our system and it works. I appologize for the length of this post, and will answer any questions regarding this and anything else as I have been trying my best to so far

FK's Official A&A Addict
    hehe that's why i like working alone noone to boss me around.

No seriousle i don't think i could work under such conditions. afterall i'm not being paid for that work. Furthermore if i was to be involved in a production i can't just work only on animation or only on sound. i'm a alroudn designer of video as wel as audio.

that alone would mean that your whole system would screw up.

however if u want to set up a seperate departement for teaching

u know i think the biggest problem of your system is the fact that in flash there is mostly 1 person who has to do all the audio en video... such as syncing scripting and the finishing touches.

as u suggested here it is nearly impossible to implement an a flash animator. It's actually a major flaw in your workflow design. your actually have a workplan tha will suffice when all three media (sound effects, music and graphics) won't be fused.

well anyways goodluck with your "bussiness" btw how old are u guys?

FK's Official A&A Addict
    hehe that's why i like working alone noone to boss me around.

No seriousle i don't think i could work under such conditions. afterall i'm not being paid for that work. Furthermore if i was to be involved in a production i can't just work only on animation or only on sound. i'm a alroudn designer of video as wel as audio.

that alone would mean that your whole system would screw up.

however if u want to set up a seperate departement for teaching

u know i think the biggest problem of your system is the fact that in flash there is mostly 1 person who has to do all the audio en video... such as syncing scripting and the finishing touches.

as u suggested here it is nearly impossible to implement an a flash animator. It's actually a major flaw in your workflow design. your actually have a workplan tha will suffice when all three media (sound effects, music and graphics) won't be fused.

well anyways goodluck with your "bussiness" btw how old are u guys anyways ?