A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need an animation project?

Guidelines of ethics

Oh well what I said before isn't to say that people don't offer idea's and creative imagination to other departments. I simply meant they do not interfere to the point of becoming a problem. For instance, early on the former head of the voice acting department would not shut up about the script that was being written. All he wanted to do was complain and gripe about it, so I said "Ok write your own." he did and everyone hated it. The main point I wanted to get accross was that we encourage people to really focus on where their skill's are. This guy is a voice actor who has done a lot of TV work and as a voice actor was great. However, he sucked majorly as a writer.

Work ethics are important we work loosely with each other, but respectibley know where our boundries are when it comes to inserting ourselves into other peoples work. The afore mentioned voice actor got to the point of not concentrating on his designated job simply because he couldn't get over the script and he wouldn't quit because he felt he was doing a friend a favor by being there. He has sense been replaced by someone ten times better than he could dream of being.

And I was wondering when the age question would come up. Truth be known we range from all sides of the spectrum and no I'm not going to be stupid enough to put a peramater on where that seperates. To be as general as possible I will say we range from 13-30 myself being 21.

official system error
    13?!?!?!? that young?
    And u are 21? woah, man u talk like a vocabulary

that's gr8, now we have a new member gigging around

but... eeer... there's a thing I haven't still understand, maybe because of your complex language (I'm not gr8 with English)

what do u need to know or what do u ask for exactly?

I agree with u that if one person is good doing a thing he'll better do that thing only, that's how things work here in my office.
    I do sites, the girl do ads and flyers, bosses... they boss
    I think that's the perfect way to work with a good efficience (?is it correct?)

CAD i think your english is getting worse
    no more dresses!

official system error
    Originally posted by xup878
    CAD i think your english is getting worse
    no more dresses!
    woah, have I said something wrong? I suck!!!

no more dresses!
    Originally posted by C+A+D
    i suck!
    Hey!

This is a 'G'-rated board.

:P

Originally posted by CNO
    no more dresses!
    Originally posted by C+A+D
    i suck!
    Hey!

This is a 'G'-rated board.

:P
    wot! g-spot?

Nothing Special

I'm getting tired of writing a subject line for every post. Ya know one wouldn't imagine them to become so hard to think up, and there are G-Spot's here? News to me.

To addres the earlier post, yes that's it exactly. We encourage involvement and interaction among everyone but that also comes with an understanding in exchange that we don't get in each other's way, and do what is desired. As for the need, we have plenty of very talented artist's who are gifted not only in drawing skills but learning as well. I'm afraid however, that knowing that doesn't satisfy me, I require more than being able to self teach at least when it comes to relying upon that alone.

Many good points have been made so far involving the learning of flash but regardless it doens't change the two things we need as a group.

#1. We require animator's who know what they are doing, who have ambition, vision, and who have a touch of what is called "The Dream" in them hehe. What I would love to see is such people coming forth and joining our team as animators.

#2. However, given understandible skepticism involving the future of the DFP, the fact we are currently doing a spinoff, and the fact that we have only our name and ambitions to go on, these people are few in the comings. I am not foolish to this and therefore would also love to see any willing experienced animator's come forward and teach my artist's the tricks of the trade as it were.

I hope that answer's the question of what we need in animation exactly. By the way, your english is fine lol I grew up knowing it from grade 1-12 and even mannage to blunder through typo often.

Re: Re: Argonauta

Sobra-San, is your father a lawyer?? wow you write complicated (well, or maybe my english is bad too )

Anyway, I think different people have different ways to go around things. You got your own, I got mine. I consider that with many people you may get things done faster, but you loose individuality and, most important, your own creative vision. Yes, I guess, working with people, all giving ideas and being creative can result in an excellent final product, but I, as an artist (yeah I consider myself an artist ) like doing my own stuff, create my own things, therefore, for me the best way to work is to work alone, or with a group of people, where I am the boss, jeje!

I wish you luck Sobra-San, and if you turn into an industry giant, a huge company, don't loose creativity (hey...that happen to Disney!!!). On the other hand, if you turn into a succesfull movie, I hope you can finance my own project someday

Subjects

Sobra-san, subjects are optional

and toony....you look old in that banner of yours, dude!!!

official system error

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN: subject field is optional!!!

Originally posted by Sobra-San
    I hope that answer's the question of what we need in animation exactly.
    Yeah it kinda answers!!!

but couldn't u have said "hey, I need an animator... can someone help me?"
    hem....
    a bit unprofessional... maybe...

By the way, your english is fine lol I grew up knowing it from grade 1-12 and even mannage to blunder through typo often.
    u are not talking to me... u aren't man... my english *is not good at all*
    I used to wear dresses when I came here the first times
    xup stop laughing!

Sorry to *idiotify* that thread, just don't care.

didn't know it's a G-rated board....
    ............hum....... anyway.... how much "rates" a G-rated board?

Okay Sobra - I'm going to try and tell you a few things that may be helpful.

Flash isn't that hard to use. I learned really quickly on my own. If you can't find anyone to "teach" your artists how to use Flash then don't be disheartened as it's really quite simple.

As for tricks of the trade, some study may help your artists break into the animation field if you can't find dedicated animators. Here is a great animation site some of your artists could have a look at : http://www.freetoon.com/prestonblair/intro/frame.html

Now about the number of artists you have. There is quite alot. Since animation is gonna be the longest and definately the most tedious part of production it will be harder to find someone dedicated enough to stick it through the whole project. Animation of a decent calibre requires alot of work and effort. You really should think about bringing some of your artists into the realm of animation as your gonna need more animators than artists I'd say.

I don't wanna put you on a downer but finding someone who can animate and with the skill and dedication to see this project through to the end with you (and with the quality you want) for free is nigh on impossible to achieve. I really think that you need to great your artists animating. They have the foundation for drawing - let them take the next step in to animation.

I hope you do find the animators you are looking for but you just gotta realize that your artists will have to take a hand in animating. And the longer they put of learning Flash then more development time you lose.

So here's what I suggest you do :

Get all (yes all) of your artists to download the trial version of Flash of the Macromedia website and do a few tutorials. If any questions arise then ask them here and we will do our very best to help out. Maybe some of your artists may enjoy working with Flash and may want to be an animator!

Obviously you don't have to take my advice but it's there just in case. Your site looks promising and you've got a rather huge team - let's see some action now

PS - You don't have to write in such a non-personnal manner. We like to talk in more relaxed tones around here and your posts sound a little too "business" like. Chill out, say what's on your mind and have fun

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del
    13?!?!?!? that young?
    don't mess with us...

FK's Official A&A Addict
    to be honest i think 90 percent of all people here learned flash on there own.. ofcourse a book would be helpfull but to be realistic people here need to have a living. it's one of the main reasons people hesitate to work on a project because they don't have the time...

however it really depends on what kind of production u are trying to set up... if it's like a 5 minute animation... maybe i could find some time to help one and other however i won't get started on a 22 minute animation.... i'm certain i won't finish it just due to the demanding status of my study

Originally posted by chrisvo69er
    If any questions arise then ask them here and we will do our very best to help out.
    Here we go - you mentioned looking for an animator to help your artists learn - how about a team of 'em?

Get your animators posting here. Visit some of those resource sites. The tutorials built into Flash are quite good.

I hate to be a pessimist, but as many people here have mentioned, many animators are busy working on their own projects, and are loathe to work for free (probably because we don't get paid enough as is), let alone on a one-off piece.

You seem to have some very talented artists there - is there any reason you aren't pursuing an original work? A fan work can be a fun to make, but typically your audience will be limited to fans of the original work, and when presenting your work as professional, most oganizations prefer to see original concepts versus just stylistic copies. Disney will summarily dismiss any drawings of Disney characters in a portfolio - they already have artists who can draw Donald Duck.

Not to mention that when doing a fan work, most of the hard work of creating characters and a backstory are already done for you, versus creating a world and style from scratch.

All that having been said, if you can see an animated piece through to completion, it will be a great experience and something to be proud of. You seem to have a dedicated staff of talented people, and I would rather see the people who know the source material well doing the animation than someone from the outside.

I can be normal hehe it's just that I've been so used to posting to boards as a formal person that it's hard to be taht way. I spend a lot of my days writing huge emails in much of the same format lol I mean hey I'm young but it doesn't mean I can't act hte part of a profesional eh? Anyway, folks I REALLY appreciate the support, crticism, and compliments on our art staff.
    I really am quite proud of them they are good people who really love what they do. I would say that the advise given here could be well learned from and also that having the resource to help aid in the animation process could be well benefitted from.
    I'll keep this thread going and start seeing what I can piece together from the tutorials and sites you all posted, and get some of the art staff informed about this site. By the way, I don't think I mentioned this yet but I really like the community here. It's ensightfull and helpfull, thanks.

Originally posted by Sobra-San
    By the way, I don't think I mentioned this yet but I really like the community here. It's ensightfull and helpfull, thanks. [/B]
    Big it up to FK Art & Anime Crew

Re: Subjects

Originally posted by argonauta
    Sobra-san, subjects are optional

and toony....you look old in that banner of yours, dude!!!
    old!! wot you mean old?? must be the webcam, cheap thing.
    pssst..don't tell anyone i'm 30 this oct

like JS mentioned most of us here learned flash on their own , i did.
    when i was a boy (so many years ago) i loved buying digital watches..you know the ones which had everything on um, i would never read the instructions just get straight in there and fiddle.
    just like flash when i got it, it was like "wow! it can do that, i can also make that change shape" and so on.
    i found it far more pleasing & think more highly of myself when i'm able to overcome task's or projects on my own.
    but there will be times when you get stuck and thats what FK is here for.

maybe start with importing some sketches and trace them with the line tool's, this wil give you a good ideal how your art will look in .swf + its fun to play around with the characters i.e. add props, change colour and so on.

I LOVE FLASH...i just wish i was as good as these guys...just takes practice

good luck

FK's Official A&A Addict
    and ofcourse if people do feel the urge to work on a free project there is always CAP

but seriously especially with flash the things u learn are only to be learned by using flash, it are mostly the tricks of the trade that make a flash movie nice and compelling.

Hey, Manu Segura is an animator that learn flash by himself, and i think he's done good improvements

Just read this thread:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=291847

Well,I will say that after a night of doing some rethinking at least on a few things, you guy's have given me some new idea's on how to aproach some things. Not going to go into detail, at least not until I talk to my staff and get some for sure guidelines going on this one but I'll post an update on what hapens in the next couple of days to the board and see what you guys think of it hehe.