A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here write there own music?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on FK writes their own music. I got into this recently and am setting up an amatuer site where you can publish your own online album. Still not really finished yet, and bandwidth is always a problem, but if anyone is interested let me know

Mike

: re

I'm making own music.

I'm hosting it at own server and at ampcast.com

check links from my signature (flash = my music homesite).

I found one of your tracks, but I'm on a 56k modem so it's kinda tricky streaming stuff unless it's low quality.

Your stuff sounds pretty dark, but I guess that's because it falls under dark ambient!

What do you use? I started out using buzzMachines which is free, and have now progressed onto Reason which is awesome.

I've only written a few tracks using Reason so far, and am still learning really how to sequence things together. You can have a listen here:

http://www.beelinemusic.co.uk

I'd be interested in any feedback on both the site and the music.

The site is currently only optimised for PC, IE 5+, and Windows Media Player 7.01.

Mike

i sing!

i sorda write my own music but i dont sing it yet, im currently working on a single w/ a local producer which should be cool...

Check out my footer

Originally posted by beelineuk
    I found one of your tracks, but I'm on a 56k modem so it's kinda tricky streaming stuff unless it's low quality.
    you can listen lofi streams @ http://ampcast.com/ihokas page.

Your stuff sounds pretty dark, but I guess that's because it falls under dark ambient!
    new material has probably some kind of relation to Dark Ambient. :=)

What do you use? I started out using buzzMachines which is free, and have now progressed onto Reason which is awesome.
    I've quite different methods for making new tracks, lately I've just used SoundForge (micro-editing and lots of different sound processings...) and sometimes also Acid for multi-track use. Acid is nice and simple + it's easy to use plugin-effects with it.

I also record "live" tracks (I've some old synths... digital and analog) and use them together with pc-processed sound enviroments.

Sequencer I've been using lately very little, mostly for creating some sequences which are then rendered into wav-format and re-processed etc. with other stuff.

Good example of combining different techniques is Kiuas I & II (you can find them from my ampcast.com page).

I've only written a few tracks using Reason so far, and am still learning really how to sequence things together. You can have a listen here:

http://www.beelinemusic.co.uk

I'd be interested in any feedback on both the site and the music.

The site is currently only optimised for PC, IE 5+, and Windows Media Player 7.01.

Mike
    aahh... you're "just" starting... there's lot of interesting things on electronic music for you to explore (I've been making myself for allmost 10 years music, there's material on my ampcast.com page from between 1993-2002).

I suggest to buy some cheap & old "real" synth and playing with it... tweaking sounds, using "cheap" effect-pedals, recording into PC, etc. etc. you can do amazing things even without any expensive equipment (as microphone you can use example your headphones). Using "real" stuff together with PC-software can give lot of warmth and depth into sound enviroment (software synths sounds often bit too "exact" and dull...). Just thought to give few "tips"... :=)

I'll check your stuff, feedback later.

- jukkis -

Hippity hoppity what kinda music do you sing???

^^^ lo freakin' l...infotechno,,,im a country gal from southern oklahoma......where are u located! oh btw im a country singer...oh my stars!

Hey darlin' Im from Jamaica originally i know live in Oregon. Hippity hoppity boo!

Originally posted by infotechno
    Hey darlin' Im from Jamaica originally i know live in Oregon. Hippity hoppity boo!
    your from jamaica? wow! so far..but now you live in oregon? like the trail? i once played that game called oregon trails..thats the best gawl darn game i ever did see!

Haha oregan trail good one. Actually there's a trail by my house but i don't think it;s the ole oregan trail. You ever been to jamaica mon?

resolved

i see you

Originally posted by hippity_hoppity
    i see you
    would you like some adam?

You see me? Are you stalking me mon?

Adam mon? Yah mon but i don't really like the adam you know what we like in jamaica mon???

naw..i dont think we do know what you like in jammaica,, please do not inform me on this message board...this is serious stuff alright...techno boy? r u even a boy?

Originally posted by hippity_hoppity
    naw..i dont think we do know what you like in jammaica,, please do not inform me on this message board...this is serious stuff alright...techno boy? r u even a boy?
    Yes i am boy! are you?

yah ima boy..right you sound DUMB..i said ima country gal! sum people

That is you. Haha sorry mon. or WOmon!