A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load movie problem

I'm loading an swf with a button into the main movie. My code is:
    on (release) {
    loadMovie ("BCNY.swf", _root.vid)}
    This works, except for one problem. Before the movie loads, the entire Projector disappears for a split second before reappearing and playing fine. I have other buttons loading other swf's, with the same code. These work the same. The first time a movie is loaded, the problem occurs, but all subsequent loads happen without interruption. During a test run, I get the following error message:
    Error opening URL "file:///Macintosh%20HD/Desktop%20Folder/Video Attempt/"
    This tells me it has trouble opening the mc, and where it lives, but does not tell me what I've done wrong.
    Can anyone help? Thank you very much.

ActionScript.org
    Unluess vid is a variable, change it to:
    Code:
    on (release) {
        loadMovie ("BCNY.swf", "_root.vid");
    }

load movie problem

Thanks, but that didn't do it. The "vid" is not a variable, but an actual blank mc stand-in for where I want the swf to appear. Could my problem have something to do with where I keep the swf's saved? The projector and the swf live in the same folder, just like my reference book tells me. Am I missing something? That error message sure seems to indicate a problem getting to the swf in the first place. Any help anyone can provide would sure be appreciated.

ActionScript.org
    If vid is indeed not a variable you should use the code I posted. It might not solve the problem but it's a bit more correct.
    As for the other, I can't think what else it might be. What does interest me is that all the spaces in your directory names have been converted to %20 except for the last one... see that?

I noticed that, but I have no idea what that means. "Video Attempt" is the name of the folder on my desktop where all the files live. I'm guessing I need to do something about this part of the picture, but I haven't a clue what to do about it.

ActionScript.org
    I can't think what it might be, sorry...