A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: general help...

i basically have been out of flash for a little under a year now, and need some help with what i would think would be some basic stuff...

i have a photo, basically a flowerbed, in black and white, and i want to mouseover some of the flowers, to cause the flowers to turn to their normal color and become links. can do all the necessary work in photoshop, but just want a little direction since i've been out of it for a while...

so, i don't mind trying to figure it out, but can anyone maybe point me to some tutorials with this in mind... mouseovers, color changes, etc... anything actionscript-wise that may help?

thanks,
    dub

The way I would do it is to import a grey scale version of the image, create a new layer, and import a coloured image over the top.

Trace the coloured bitmap and then deleted the necessary unwanted foliage a bit time consuming but probably worth it.

Once you have all your individual flowers convert them all to buttons. Edit each one making the 'open' frame visible and the 'down' frame invisiable.

This should work with a little trial and improvement

thanks...

well... sounds good to me... i'll play with it. thanks for the quick advice.

dub