A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted for logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, it's for a graphic/web design studio. I think it looks too much like the Gap logo. Although they've been using the dark blue and white for a long time now. It's called Modjav Studios.

I think when the letters crossed as one color, which then creates the "x" is somewhat confusing. Although they have a whole campaign about "Modjav Studios Xperience." Which I guess fits in.

Double D's

Mmmmm....

u need to look at them again, weak presence (too thin) u have a poor M and u use it for all the ideas

use a real font

i can see a faint mx (flash logo) thing going on....

but...

(not good)

logos are striking look around
    nike, adidas,

do lots of ideas, dont make your own fonts there are rules to them (and from what u have done u dont know them)

the logo has 2 sell u (them)

if its v poor u are lost from the start

colours are ok

just needs to stand out

good luck

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback. I'll agree with some of things you said. The font I used was interdimensioal. So don't be saying you see some Flash MX stuff in there. That's the "s" in the font if you didn't know.

DD's

I'd definitely start experimenting with another font and even colours ... you need something bolder.
    Also why not play with the M as you have been and incorporate the"Modjav Studios Xperience'' in the logo as well ?

a

RIDER
    bottom left is my fav---but like the others have suggested try to go a bit more bold (standing out). At the moment the logos are looking a bit weak and will be eaten away from other companies.
    Don't be afraid and go crazy, already you have a good style.

hi

yeah I would agree- try some other ideas. you seem to have settled on one idea- although it is a nice one. Try other things- perhaps on paper first.

Also, if you need to explain to people what the letters are, then don't expect the customer to understand it either.

Just a thought- speaking from bitter experience!!!

jb

too similiar to the mx logo, whether it's a thin font or not. it's just an instant thing for some reason, even when looking at the Flash MX logo, and seeing that it's different.

also I think the sharp nature of the M and the curved nature of the S are too much of a difference. I know this is unavoidable with the font, but the whole thing would look much more smooth if the M were smooth like the S.

just some thoughts.

mg33

u spotted the flash mx thing as well

double d's can u post the newer versions that u are working on be good to see how u are progressing with this

bp

I don't know Phoenix, I have these ones...

But I don't like any of them.

have to agree with the comments so far here, it is waaaay too close to the 'mx' logo and needs to have a much stronger presence.

try to beef up the branding, what was your brief for this? What image do they want to get across? Cool, techy, reliable, consistent, forward-looking, friendly, etc?

I cant see them??

What are you people talking about? The first incident with the "Flash MX logo" wasn't intended. The font "INTERDIMENTIONAL" has the letter "S" like that. It's not like I purposely did it. And for the second one, I was just doodling and I came up with the squgglying line. I'm not using any of the ones here anyway so jeez.

I've come to the conclusion that the letter M is a bastard letter of the alphabet.

What about this?

Double D's
    [Edited by Double Ds on 05-29-2002 at 03:42 AM]

how about... the S can be made of semi- circles. the m can be made of semi circles. or ellipses. make the m curvy to match the s.

?

Originally posted by Double Ds

What are you people talking about? The first incident with the "Flash MX logo" wasn't intended. The font "INTERDIMENTIONAL" has the letter "S" like that. It's not like I purposely did it
    it doesn't matter whether you did it on purpose or not, no one has said that you did. It accidentally looks way too much like the mx logo, didn't you see it?

the new one is better. The shape is good but I'm not a fan of that font, but I'm picky with fonts.

RIDER
    new one looks stronger but for "me" MOD and Jav seem to be separated...

aaahh don't you hated when people tell you what's best...
    then again,It's also a good way to learn.

What is MODJAV? (modern java?)just curious..

i agree. the last three letters look seperated, but...
    i like the rest of the logo. u could animate it. turn the circle und change the font, then its cool :d

Too separated? I didn't track or kern whatever...
    Mod Jav doesn't mean anything. So I guess it can't be a negative thing...Mode Jav MOD Jav...whatever.
    I'm looking for a display font or whatever for the name...but I can't find a good one...

Anyway what about this?

This design process is annoying...

My first name and screen name begin with the letter M, I quite enjoy the letter and I hope you're not serious.

mg33

I have the same name as you, I'm just saying it out of frustration. Take it easy.

Okay so I finally came up with this. I hope it looks good to other eyes.

Double D's