A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think I might have a chance at Flash kit site of the day or am i dreaming

Question

:-: Just finished my site… do you guys think I might have a chance at being on “Flash Kit” site of the day???, hehe cant heart to dream now does it!, lol

Hello everyone,
    Thank you for viewing this post.
    http://www.digitalworld3d.com (800x600 to 1024x768) or http://www.digitalworld3d.com/digitalworld3d-high.html (1024x768 or higher resolution)

If you have any kind of comment regarding my site please let me know… I would love to know what you guys think, GOOD or BAD it’s all cool… All the stuff that you see on my site is all designed by me(Ritesh), lol other then the background music… it was done by my friend (he is blind).

I might add a really cool intro in the future, but will take a while. I might have a big project coming my way, lol

Well thanks again for your interest and I can’t wait to view your comments

Thank you,
    Ritesh

looks good. what does it take to be the flashkit site of the day?

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    visually it looks good except for a couple of things...

1. the background music doesn't really fit into the futuristic theme in your site... perhaps some ambient or electronic music...

2. i could be wrong but sounds like so many different sound FX in there... trim them down a bit?

oh and i could recognise a sound effect from STARCRAFT hehehe... sure u wanna put it in there? a bit tacky i think

Smile

Thank you kamyab, I am not sure I wish I did… but if someone out there knows what does flash kit look for site of the day, it would help

Thanks for your info phlegm_thrower, the background music was done by my friend and he is blind… he had worked really hard to get that peace done séance he can’t see its really hard. So I will not be changing the background music just yet and also I have no intention of saying no for something he has worked really hard on, the most people that I talked to loved that music but then again your correct… he is actually working on making some new once so when he gives me I will change it, lol
    If you can let me know what the sound effect from STARCRAFT was I will try to change it… I lost my 6000collection sound effect , so I had to find the sound effects on the net;(, I haven’t played star craft that much so I have no clue, hehe

Thanks again for your comments I still hope to see what other have to say, hehe. The only way to improve is to make some mistakes here and there, lol

the STARCRAFT sound... hmm.. how do i explain it lol...
    ok...just for example... i press the portfolio button and the page start to load up then some arrow thingy starts to wriggle around from the bottom left corner just above the MUSIC buttons to form up submenus... with me so far? ok it's when the new page load up and just before the arrow starts to wriggle around there's a sound *BEEP BEEP* that's the starcraft sound...

stef - digital-farm.co.uk Stefan150's Avatar
    I think that is so sweet of you to let your friend do the music for you, but maybe you should jazz it up a bit like put some beats in or something, It is really good music don’t get me wrong but I don’t think it is in keeping with the style of the site. Maybe have his music on one of the pages or an into or something, It is a design site and to have something like a piano is very classical instrument which contradicts new age design feel.

I think you either stretch the flash across the width of the page or put ends it as it just stops. And I agree with turning down the effects as it is a bit to much.
    Apart from that I like the style and the fluency of the site. Good job.

the music is terrible... [img]images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

i dont think it can get to the site of the day
    1)ditch all sounds and music quickly!
    2)make a nicer logo
    3)the way the submenu forms is not nice although the buttons look nice; the contents table has slow unecessary anim (the litle shapes forming around the rectangle) but te final looks nice
    4) backgrounds: the contact was great but some like home i didnt like very much

good site kep it up

noce site
    u know wen the music is playing, how do you do the hi-fi type rectangle thingy moving to teh beat (nextto teh sound controls?)
    sims

Lightbulb

phlegm_thrower thanks again, I know the sound effect you’re talking about, hehe I will fix it as soon as I get some time, lol thanks

Thanks to everyone who posted it’s really helping me out
    Yes I will try to change the background music to something new… I will also trim some sound effects too… and in the future I will try to make the backgrounds look better I wanted to do that but I have been so busy that I cant do all the stuff that I want to, lol

O sameerbuch13 I sent you an e-mail.

If you have any other ideas or comments please let me know... it’s been a grate help

Thank you,

It's nice but I don't think it's site of the day quality I'm afraid.

Just my opinion.

Jnr

Climbing Nerd
    I think the site looks/sounds good and all but...

The only thing that bothered me was the background images. Not that they were bad. It's just that you re-used the images on other sites as well.

Madison... DigitalWorld didn't ask if his site is "Site of the Day"... he just asked what can be improved in his site... geez... what a moron... oops... *did i say that outloud?*

Originally posted by phlegm_thrower
    Madison... DigitalWorld didn't ask if his site is "Site of the Day"... he just asked what can be improved in his site... geez... what a moron... oops... *did i say that outloud?*
    erm.... phlegm... he did....

oops he did say it's nice didn't he??

im sorry madison... im the moron here hehehe

hehehe i can admit it when im wrong...

Moron? Me? Mmmmmmm...

Learn to read phlegm boy.

i already admitted it and said im sorry...

moron...

Nice Site.
    could use better sound fx
    and less of em.