A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 88x2.com....re-designed

I took out my stupid flash weather
    report and added some illustrations as the headers.
    What do you guys think of the overall look?
    Does it load fast?
    Thanks
    Brian

http://www.88x2.com

ps: I'm thinking of turning each of those
    headers into flash animations.

i dont really like it but i like the abc seafood site, the illustrations are a little bit boring, I see that you are capable of a lot more maybe just lazy

Thanks for the honest reply. I'll take
    your suggestions to mind when I do some
    moving around on the site.

i like the design, it has personal style.

the header illustrations are good! definately not boring, just simple. But you should put them into swf's to decrease filesize (as vectors, of course).
    If you plan to animate keep it simple and reduced.

maybe center the whole thing in the window.

ciao
    m

i like all the illustrations but the rocket on the first
    but like portfolio you put everything so low that i missed it the first time. I thought the site had no content. but then i saw it and when i clicked the content appeared even lower so i had to scroll down, but why when there so muh space on the top? I would make the illustrations smaller to fit everything
    keep it up

Originally posted by Stellios
    i like all the illustrations but the rocket on the first
    but like portfolio you put everything so low that i missed it the first time. I thought the site had no content. but then i saw it and when i clicked the content appeared even lower so i had to scroll down, but why when there so muh space on the top? I would make the illustrations smaller to fit everything
    keep it up
    Yeah, thst first illustration and portfolio drawing needs some work. As for the scrolling issue, are you viewing on 800X600?
    The page was really designed for viewing at 1024x768. I usally get complaints that the images are too small.
    Thanks

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    personal style... maybe... but look kinda childish... not really suitable to impress the future clients.

and i agree with stellios... illustration's too big i had to scroll down as well and im on 1024x768 res.

Originally posted by phlegm_thrower
    personal style... maybe... but look kinda childish... not really suitable to impress the future clients.

and i agree with stellios... illustration's too big i had to scroll down as well and im on 1024x768 res.
    It really depends on who are your clients. I know everyone has there opinions, but I have to say my illustrations are childish in nature, but in no means amateurish looking.

Is everyone viewing with 1024X768 really having trouble on the portfolio page? (I may have to change that)
    thanks

that is pure ****. LOL and double-LOL!
    what is the "suitable" site to impress the "future" clients? is it 2A?

LOL

The illustrations are pretty good. don't you look mtv?

however...
    ciao
    m

Thanks for the suggestion to change the portfolio page. I hope it fits on all screen sizes now.
    Thanks for the support me2222.

Originally posted by me2222
    it's just my personal opinion that if the stuff in your site look childish people won't take it seriously... bchang doesn't agree that's fine with me... why do u have to insult me? did i somehow offend u? i think not... so why don't you shove that **** back in your whatever where it belongs

nice.

Like the pics very nice and well done not to keen on the other parts of the site seems two white and grey for me and the text is a little blured need some crisp pixel fonts.

nice work thou.

cheers jay.

it's just my personal opinion that if the stuff in your site look childish people won't take it seriously... bchang doesn't agree that's fine with me... why do u have to insult me? did i somehow offend u? i think not... so why don't you shove that **** back in your whatever where it belongs [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree that everyone has the right to give their opinion.(Otherwise I wouldn't be posting my site on this board) I always look at the criticism given and make changes where I feel they are needed. I disagree with you on what a client looks for, but that's me. We are all designers here and we all have different styles. Do you mind posting your website so I can see where you are coming from?

very nice..illustrations would look cool with some animation

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    The site is clean and organized appropriately, but it use some sprucing up with some type of effects...

bchang... im still stuck with my site design... but i did make a site for my gf, the thread's probably in page 2 of Site Check forum somewhere...

from me2222
    ...to impress the "future" clients? is it 2A?
    what's it got to do with 2A? what i meant by "future client" is people who might become a client in the future i didn't mean "futuristic" dumbass...

bchang... im still stuck with my site design... but i did make a site for my gf, the thread's probably in page 2 of Site Check forum somewhere...

Hi Phlegm_thrower:
    I checked out the site and it was ok, kinda amateurish though.Keep on working hard. By the way, how old are you? (just trying to match the skill level with age)

from me2222
    ...to impress the "future" clients? is it 2A?
    what's it got to do with 2A? what i meant by "future client" is people who might become a client in the future i didn't mean "futuristic" dumbass...
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think he meant futuristic. He is just stating that some very professional designers utilize the cartoonish style, therefore many clients are in need of this type of artwork.
    (not saying my work is the greatest by the way=)

thanks bchang... it was an amateur site hehehe... i just got into flash around a month ago more or less...i did that within the 2 weeks i downloaded trial Flash 5... and the "cuteness" that my gf insisted on having didn't help either... oh and bear in mind i designed that site NOT for myself... im still working on my own site... and trust me it won't look anything like the one i made for my gf...

just trying to match the skill level with age
    how are u going to do that? i guess since my skill level in Flash is beginner i must be at least 6 years old coz that kid dhawaltank seems to be better than me and he's only 12... hehehe... just playin with ya... im 20 yrs old

Originally posted by me2222
    it's just my personal opinion that if the stuff in your site look childish people won't take it seriously... bchang doesn't agree that's fine with me... why do u have to insult me? did i somehow offend u? i think not... so why don't you shove that **** back in your whatever where it belongs
    hi, back again, had to sleep.
    i didn't feel offended. Actually when i read your statement i thought it was the funniest nonsense i've read for some time on flashkit.
    i really had to laugh.

Some of my personal opinions:
    it depends on the client with what design you can impress him.
    i don't know what a childish design looks like, but i know that childs can draw the most impressive pictures.
    there's a very big difference between a professional design with a "childish" look and an amateurish design.
    Our future clients will not be very different from our present clients. People (hopefully) will allways have different tastes and styles.
    i mentioned 2A because i have the feeling that so many "unexperienced" young designers think that this is the ultimate website design. why else is it copied so often? i think 2A is a good but overrated part in the large variety of designs.
    personally i prefer reduced, simple and clean designs with a touch of humor. thats why i like brians design.

BTW, i am 33
    ciao
    m

me2222 in case u don't understand this... laughing at people's opinion is the same as insulting the person... im sure u would feel bad too if someone laughed at your opinion coz you wouldn't say it, or in this case post it in the forum if u think it's nonsense...unless you're a callous unfeeling b@st@rd... besides it's up to brian if he likes it or not, the opinion was for him not for you to judge... it's got nothing to do with you...

and why are u posting your age?