A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Compady Site Check Please

If you would please check out my site and tell me what you think... be as harsh as you wish. The URL is http://www.compady.com I know I don't have any music in the background just for size purposes right now. Still far from complete which accounts for the lack of content. Any comments are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

the first image is too low in the page i have to scroll down?!
    the site looks nice but i think for a group of people it is too small. Its gonna need a lot of scrollbars..
    but is done nicely and is very smooth the colours are nice
    I would prefer if the box changed on rollovers
    keep it up

thanks for the comments! i will raise the first page content to fit in the browser window.... i am assuming you were using 800X600. you say u wished the box changed on rollover... what box do u mean? thanks again!

i meant the mouse
    i am using 1024/768 but my screen is 14'

for it only being 58k, it took forever to load on my dsl line.
    why have the enter/landing page content be on the bottom, but actual site be at the top?
    if it's your business, i'd explain the name. compady just looks like a typo for company...
    personally, i hate it when people change my cursor...and even more when it turns into something that can't point.
    if you want something read (like the quote on the main page), i wouldn't have it be grayed out. it just confuses people.
    other than that, good design and animations. i like the alt tags on the nav. can't get much past the cursor thing though...

thanks stellios... i will make the cursor change on rollover. sorry about the speed... the server has been really really slow lately. i changed the enter page and hopefully it looks a little better. changed the text color for quote and the cursor... well... it is about the only cool thing on the site right now... i hate to take it away. i'd like a second opinion on the cursor or more :-) thanks mcpeekj. your comments are much appreciated... keep them coming!

Just trying to get by...
    i thought the cursor was kinda wierd too...i also like pointers that "point". As far as the layout and everything else, i liked it... colors worked for me.
    And you will definitely hafta work out the server issue...took 3 minutes to load 58Kb and im on cable.
    Good luck.
    Z

thanks zorba66. i guess its unanimous that the cursor needs to go :-( do u suggest i use the default cursor or make my own custom one that "points"? thanks for all the comments so far!

any more comments? please... pick it totally apart... give me ideas that would make it look better... anything!

please! i beg... any comments are welcome... i have a great deal of respect for all the people on this board... it would mean a lot to have comments from more than 2 people... thanks in advance

I thought the animation was great for the different elements as they bounced in. I thought it was too small, however. I dont mind the cursor change so much, but it was a little abstract (although well realized!) The login didnt work for me...still working on that?

Overall nice look, just make it bigger!

Now how about a check of http://www.diversus.com ....trying to get some feedback on that.

thanks for the comments.... i will try and make it a bit bigger withough losing the feel of the site. i actually allready checked your site... the comments are on your thread, haha. thanks again... keep em' coming!