A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question 1 Controlling timelines

Ok, first...

I am doing a website that for budget and time sake can not be done entirely in Flash. So... What I have done is create the homepage in flash and the rest in HTML.

However I want to make my navigation and header to the HTML pages flash as well. So with that said here is my question.

Can I control the movie on the homepage via a button on a different page. For example, When you click the Home button I want it not only to take them to the homepage but start playing the movie on the homepage at a certain frame.

I have a few things that happen when you first visit the page that I don't want to have to show over and over each time the user returns to the home page.

So, from one swf on a different page than the main sfw, can a button control the timeline? If yes, any help would be great.

We Hate Ars*nal

cheat...

If I had to sit down and think about this, I would end up doing it this way....

Just open the .fla remove the bits that you don't want to play save it as something new, put it on the server also, and call that from the external button.

As long as it's not too big and you require a preloader, then it would be a waste of time.

Thanks for the idea

Yea, I had thought of doing that myself, I was just wondering if there was a way to avoid doing so.

Thanks
    Rick