A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: first view of edevstudios +FIRST LOOK+

it always snows in Albany, but never in Austin :)

how do you guys post those smiley faces in your replies?

oh...nice site man....how long have you been doing web design?

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    not telling ya

picked up flash 5 a year and a half ago. Before that I have 2 years experience with html sites.

COOL

Loverly colors doot, nice tweens too. A bit like that one site someone referred too before but overall it is nice and clean work.

-NIT

barefoot kid I hope you step on a thumb tack!

the only real way edevstudios looks like 2advanced is the placement of the buttons...thats so trivial, its nearly pathetic to hear people mentioning it.

by the way you can see a layout for our first client's website at http://www.edevstudios.com/maxim

Boof... tis boof... that animaiton is so sooth and i really like the color scheme, nothing to make better at this point... its perfect

Originally posted by sixtailer
    by the way you can see a layout for our first client's website at http://www.edevstudios.com/maxim
    that's really nice too. I prefer html navigation over flash, but you made good use of the collapse/expand.

question... what's the difference between your FlashMX and Flash5 site? I have Flash6 so I think I'm viewing the same thing. I'm not sure.

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    I'm sorry but I can't see how you can say you haven't blatently ripped off 2advanced. Ok so you've used a unique design style which I like, but when it comes to content (both menu options and sub sections, including how sections work) you can tell straight away.

Ok so you might have renamed a couple of sections (Portfolio <=> Clients) but it's essentially the same site without anywhere near as much in it. I'm not saying it isn't a good site, just haveing a slight dig when you say it's nothing like 2A...

You can rip my site apart all you like now i've had my 2 cents worth....

It's really nice site. I like it a lot. But the menu navigation is 2A. Good job anyway.

Kevin

imagination through stupidity
    Originally posted by Gloomycus
    All I see is another 2Advanced wannabe.
    and not a very good one, but better than most.

Originally posted by gasbag15
    So much 2advanced! I'm starting to have psychotic nightmares about 2a..

"HERE'S 2A!"
    LOL

very nice...

You have a way with graphics. I especially enjoy the graphics in the initial page. The navigation is practical, the animations run nicely and the sections load quickly, I enjoyed your site, I can see your style relies on bright colors, thing that I also noticed in the maxim demo, something good, because nowadays you get to see more "grayish" type colors on sites.

Let us know when you create more sites, I'd really like to see what you come up with next!

sadly the design community will always have people such as you (you know who you are...always comparing this and that) and the world slows because of it. Perhaps I should quit web design because anything I ever do that will be cool has already been done by 2advanced.com. Damn and I thought that 20 grand I made the last 2 months was earned...well I guess you guys are right...shouldn't try and expand upon ideas that are already present..

btw let me make a small list of things that would not have happened if morons like you ran things.

Democracy would fail cause its too similar to a republic.

Cars wouldn't be around yet cause someone would have to reinvent the wheel every time.

Green would be stricken from color theory cause its found out its just a mix of blue and yellow.

We wouldn't be in space yet because scientists can't stop arguing over who established modern physics.

The Earth wouldn't exist because its shape is too similar to the other planets.

The helicopter wouldn't exist cause Leonardo sketched it hundreds of years back...so its untouchable.

People like you might hold jobs and have lives.

listen to yourselves...bunch of morons who couldnt spout constructive criticism if was tatooed on your girlfriends ass....which makes sense cause its not likely you'd have ever seen it.

Chris
    http://www.edevstudios.com

Originally posted by Sybersnake
    Originally posted by Gloomycus
    All I see is another 2Advanced wannabe.
    and not a very good one, but better than most.
    thanks man!

I'll remember that when I'm a "who's he!" and you're a "who?"

Chris

Originally posted by sixtailer

Democracy would fail cause its too similar to a republic.

Chris

Democracy has failed, because the people don't know what they got. The only people that are running the goverments are those who vote, and those who vote are the ones who care.. but the common person that the goverment should be helping and protecting probably doesn't vote. Thus the entire concept of democracy where the people chose does not exist. Those few who do vote hold the TRUE power. The thing is the republicans are soo worried about bettering themselves that they make sure that they vote so a republican can better himself and other republicans (ie, wealthy people) For example bush got rid of the emission treaty to (Republican controlled oil and electric industries) so they could profit from it. If EVERY person went out and voted and knew what they were voting for, the world would be a very different place. But who says it would be a good, place. It would turn into some type of communism where no one could succede above the others. But that is also the face about Star Trek where only a person succedes another by work and rank -- not by wealth. Plus, everything is provided. -- So, what we have goin isn't really that bad untill it turns around and kicks u in the ass.

Syber

well sed

Originally posted by J-Luv
    how do you guys post those smiley faces in your replies?

oh...nice site man....how long have you been doing web design?
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/inde...on=showsmilies

hi congratulations on the site its brill
    just woundering how long it took to make your graphics in the background?
    they are really cool. also the music goes really well with the site.
    i also really like your logo its cool
    well done!!!!