A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Break out anyone?

Hybrid View

ok there is a few questions i have to ask but first i will tell you want i am doing i decided to put some of my knowledge of flash to work but then i realized i do not know alot about the action script and math end to it so i am hoping that you nice people here on flash kit can help we by guiding me with pointers or linking me to tutorilas on the subject i am going to be makeing a break out game

question #1?
    for each brick it will need to know when the ball has hit it and then dissapear how do i code that

the ball how do i set the boundies for it and know like when it hits something to repel off of it and bounce away?

how do i make it so i can move the paddle on the bottom left to right with the left and right arrow keys and have the collision detection on so when the balls hits it it goes back up towards the bricks

#4 and last quesion how can i have a score keeper like how many bricks so far have been broken?

thanks for your time i will really appreciate any replies as soon as possible. this seems like a long project but i am up to the challenge....

the best flash physics stuff i have seen are at http://www.illogicz.com amazing work i wish i could be that good thanks again

this would be better posted in the games board, you'll get a lot more answers.

I think I might try my hand at writing a tutorial on this. A breakout game is a great place to start if you want to learn game programming

-matt

thanks alot i will try and post it there and whenever you make that tutorial please tell me. email me at deadrose482@yahoo.com and name it like breakout or something of that sort thanks again.

There are many great open source games at http://www.gamewisdom.com
    (including breakout) check it out!